Seriously No Politics ×

Gluten Free Desserts-With A Twist....

Duncan

We are having the sister missionaries over for dinner and one of them can't have gluten, milk, cashews or eggs. Does anyone know a dessert you can serve without any of that?

My question is, what do you serve for a main course?  I guess some type of meat and potatoes (baked) and a green salad with lots of fresh veggies and a gluten free dressing (one of our elders had to be gluten free and I bought a good dressing that was so labeled).  So, what are you serving as a main dish?  Come to think about it, there really are a lot of "gluten-free" foods, but the milk and eggs does limit.

GG

Edited by Garden Girl

My question is, what do you serve for a main course?  I guess some type of meat and potatoes (baked) or a green salad with lots of fresh veggies and a gluten free dressing (one of our elders had to be gluten free and I bought a good dressing that was so labeled).  So, what are you serving as a main dish?

GG

Chili !

My question is, what do you serve for a main course?  I guess some type of meat and potatoes (baked) and a green salad with lots of fresh veggies and a gluten free dressing (one of our elders had to be gluten free and I bought a good dressing that was so labeled).  So, what are you serving as a main dish?  Come to think about it, there really are a lot of "gluten-free" foods, but the milk and eggs does limit.

GG

Yeah, i think the no milk and eggs is the real dessert squasher.  

Depending on the chips, 100% corn rechips and salsa are almost always gluten free, as well as egg and dairy free (If you don't scoop sour cream along with your salsa)

Being gluten-free for the last 6 years and working in Trader Joe's for the last 7, I know these things.

P.S. Popcorn without butter always tastes like cardboard!  :D

Edited by TJane

I put olive oil on popcorn instead of butter. Tastes better to me these days...sprinkle it with different herbs and spices depending on my mood.

If you want something sweet, avocado oil would probably work. It has a very light, less savory taste to it.

Depending on the chips, 100% corn rechips and salsa are almost always gluten free, as well as egg and dairy free (If you don't scoop sour cream along with your salsa)

Being gluten-free for the last 6 years and working in Trader Joe's for the last 7, I know these things.

P.S. Popcorn without butter always tastes like cardboard!  :D

There is also a variety of herbs and spices that can be put on popcorn. For those that can't have butter there are buttered flavored fats that can be used. Some of them aren't bad, but they're still not real butter. :)