Seriously No Politics ×

Where Has Mormonewb Or Mormonnewb Gone?

Stargazer

Come to think of it, I haven't seen him popping up anywhere lately.  And not only that, a search on "mormonewb" or "mormonnewb" doesn't find anything. 

Did he evaporate into thin air? Maybe I'm spelling it wrong.

Hello Tacenda,

I really do like your new picture of cherry blossoms - makes me smile every time I see it.  

I went to the link you had - I only visit that site maybe once/twice a year.  Geez, were those rank comments on the ponderize folks.  I hope those people never make a mistake because the standard they are setting up for themselves to be judged is going to result in a scorchingly hot judgment day.  

He left the faith...so it could be he does not want our fellowship, or since he no longer believes, he may feel posting here is a waste of time. I am sure he no longer wants too stick his head in or his neck out unless it is something posted here that conflicts with his new faith. But he is of course welcome. He did say that he no longer believed, but chose to finish teaching in Priesthood (his calling at the time) until the end of the year. And if I am not mistaken he said that chose to renounce the Church on a Fast Sunday before the congregation. So in short...my guess he might have though that he also does not want to associate with the Saints here as well.

I for one would be fine if he remained posting here. But often ex-mos see little point in doing so...I have heard rumors that he is now posting on anti-Mormon sites, like "the board not to be named", website. A place where ex-mo's are exalted. I just saw a big well published ad of one such person who is now on staff there, but it wS not him. All that said, I pray it is not due to health issues.

Hello Tacenda,

I really do like your new picture of cherry blossoms - makes me smile every time I see it.

I went to the link you had - I only visit that site maybe once/twice a year. Geez, were those rank comments on the ponderize folks. I hope those people never make a mistake because the standard they are setting up for themselves to be judged is going to result in a scorchingly hot judgment day.

Thank you Storm Rider for that comment on my pic. It's now three times that I've changed it since becoming a member of the board. Two of the times, I tried to download a picture of my dog but the format was too large. He was hit by a car while I was away recently...I might still try to post it as my avatar, miss him terribly. Edited by Tacenda

ERay it sometimes hurt in the past like with this story: http://thoughtsonthingsandstuff.com/a-latter-day-tragedy-suicide-over-masturbation/The kid felt so shamed and bad about himself from his sins that he ended his own life. And the church used to teach "Better dead clean then alive and unclean."

There is more to the story than what you have summarized here. Things that may have affected him that the article doesn't get into like his mom dying when he was 6 and the odd things the article states like being perfect when you live the church's "4300 commandments". I know some things were more harsh in those times (I was 2 years younger than he was), but the article has an obvious bias.

So it would be wise to learn from his story, but not good to blame the church without all the facts. The biggest of which is that Christ went through it. He understands. He can help us when we have faith in him. If I go only by what the article says then it sounds like he didn't have an understanding of the church's most basic doctrines. Not blaming him for that - just showing how important it is for us to get that understanding and help others get it as well.

Thank you Storm Rider for that comment on my pic. It's now three times that I've changed it since becoming a member of the board. Two of the times, I tried to download a picture of my dog but the format was too large. He was hit by a car while I was away recently...I might still try to post it as my avatar, miss him terribly.

I know the feeling.  We had two dachshunds for twelve years.  One of them followed me everywhere I went in the house and wanted to go with me every time I left the home.  I miss him every day.  He was such a great companion.  Having him sit on my lap or on the side (whichever he chose on a particular day) while I read or talked with friends and family was the best.  

These picture replaced are hard.  My current picture, the  Well of Souls, was chosen because it was more the appropriate type of picture than the picture itself. 

I did not know Mormonewb was banned.  I also was unaware that he wanted to leave the church.  That is unfortunate.  Although he could get out there I felt he enjoyed stirring the pot more than fighting for a specific cause.  We each grow in our own manner and some of us choose to walk some bitter paths in order to understand the path to return to our Father.  I hope he finds the path to return him to our Father as I do for each child of God.