Seriously No Politics ×

...returned To Their Heavenly Home.

I hope you're right because I want to keep what makes me a man. But it brings up the interesting question. What will prevent men and women in the lower kingdoms from mating and procreating?

There is no doctrine at all that explains how spirit children are made by exalted beings. 

Here's a quote from Joseph Fielding Smith: In both of these kingdoms [i.e., the terrestrial and telestial] there will be changes in the bodies and limitations. They will not have the power of increase, neither the power or nature to live as husbands and wives, for this will be denied them and they cannot increase. Those who receive the exaltation in the celestial kingdom will have the “continuation of the seeds forever.” They will live in the family relationship. In the terrestrial and in the telestial kingdoms there will be no marriage. Those who enter there will remain “separately and singly” forever. Some of the functions in the celestial body will not appear in the terrestrial body, neither in the telestial body, and the power of procreation will be removed. I take it that men and women will, in these kingdoms, be just what the so-called Christian world expects us all to be – neither man nor woman, merely immortal beings having received the resurrection. (Doctrines of Salvation. vol. 2, pg. 287-288.) I hope that doesn't mean they'll be eunuchs.

Edited by VideoGameJunkie

No you won't find it in the grave because it, along with his spirit, has been resurrected  to an immortal state and is now with God; the same as Jesus' body was gone at at his resurrection and left the linen he was wrapped in still there in the tomb.

Sorry, I still don't get what the problem is. 

There is no need to do anything with your old body since you get a new one.

Also Christ had not yet ascended to heaven, he was still inhabiting a body that had died.

There is no need to do anything with your old body since you get a new one.

Also Christ had not yet ascended to heaven, he was still inhabiting a body that had died.

Okay. Perhaps if in your conversation if you identified youself as non-LDS I would not have been so confused by what you were saying. 

Well, if Joseph Smith's body were to not be found in his grave because he was resurrected, could that also mean that he was still inhabiting a body tht had died, like Jesus did, until he got a new one?  But that's not LDS doctrine.

From the Book of Mormon:

"Now, this restoration shall come to all, both old and young, both bond and free, both male and female, both the wicked and the righteous; and even there shall not so much as a hair of their heads be lost; but every thing shall be restored to its perfect frame, as it is now, or in the body,"

(Alma 11: 44) 

Okay. Perhaps if in your conversation if you identified youself as non-LDS I would not have been so confused by what you were saying.

Well, if Joseph Smith's body were to not be found in his grave because he was resurrected, could that also mean that he was still inhabiting a body tht had died, like Jesus did, until he got a new one? But that's not LDS doctrine.

From the Book of Mormon:

"Now, this restoration shall come to all, both old and young, both bond and free, both male and female, both the wicked and the righteous; and even there shall not so much as a hair of their heads be lost; but every thing shall be restored to its perfect frame, as it is now, or in the body,"

(Alma 11: 44)

At what age is the body restored? At the prime of life? At the time of death? What if the person was missing a limb for many years? what if they have been bald for most of their adult life? Is a hair restored or not?

Depending on the age a completely different set of elements would be used for the resurrected body if the orignals parts were all restored. If all the cells that ever existed in the body, all the hair over the years restored, there would be enough material for several bodies.

What if the body was burnt completely or decomposed and at the time of resuurection those molecules or elements were being used in something else? Does the body that currently possesses the molecules keep them or are they removed and connected back with the resurrected body?

Why can't the restoration refer to the perfected genetic blueprint and not to the body at the time of death?

Edited by Calm

At what age is the body restored? At the prime of life? At the time of death? What if the person was missing a limb for many years? what if they have been bald for most of their adult life? Is a hair restored or not?

Depending on the age a completely different set of elements would be used for the resurrected body if the orignals parts were all restored. If all the cells that ever existed in the body, all the hair over the years restored, there would be enough material for several bodies.

What if the body was burnt completely or decomposed and at the time of resuurection those molecules or elements were being used in something else? Does the body that currently possesses the molecules keep them or are they removed and connected back with the resurrected body?

Why can't the restoration refer to the perfected genetic blueprint and not to the body at the time of death?

According to Joseph Smith the body is restored to its prime time of life. Infants or small children are resurrected as they went down in the grave and after resurrection contnue to grow to their full stature. 

At a funeral of a small child Joseph Smith taught the comforting doctrine that the infant child that is laid away in death would come up in the resurrection as a child; and, pointing to the mother of a lifeless child, he said to her: 
“You will have the joy, the pleasure, and satisfaction of nurturing this child, after its resurrection, until it reaches the full stature of its spirit.” (Gospel Doctrine, 455-56)

The only other thing we know is that matter is eternal and can't be destroyed; only changed and that God is all powerful and can make all those molecules come back together to a fully resurrected body. But how that happens is a big unknown. 

Brigham Young said:

"When the angel who holds the keys of the resurrection shall sound his trumpet, the peculiar fundamental particles that organized our bodies here . . . —though they be deposited in the depths of the sea, and though one particle is in the north, another in the south, another in the east, and another in the west,—will be brought together again in the twinkling of an eye, and our spirits will take possession of them."

(Discourses of Brigham Young, 372.)

"The only other thing we know is that matter is eternal and can't be destroyed; only changed and that God is all powerful and can make all those molecules come back together to a fully resurrected body. But how that happens is a big unknown."

My problem with saying the exact same elements are used is that the elements aren't destroyed, but could very well pass through one body after another one, especially all those that weren't artificially embalmed. So if over the existence of mortality a certain molecule managed to belong to 10 different people, which one is it resurrected into?

And the idea that your body has previously been pickled in order to delay decomposition and then you get to wearthat body again...does that sound appealing to anyone. I have never gotten the desire to be enbalmed. I get not wanting to go through long term decomposition, but enbalming seems like a foolish solution. Better to speed things up instead of fill the body with unnatural chemicals that poison the environment.

Edited by Calm

No you won't find it in the grave because it, along with his spirit, has been resurrected  to an immortal state and is now with God; the same as Jesus' body was gone at at his resurrection and left the linen he was wrapped in still there in the tomb.

Sorry, I still don't get what the problem is. 

You don't get your old body renewed, you get a new glorified body. Your old body will decompose int he grave.

You don't get your old body renewed, you get a new glorified body. Your old body will decompose int he grave.

So what happened to Christ's body after He ascended to heaven?

Can you provide some scripture references for your statement?

So what happened to Christ's body after He ascended to heaven?

Can you provide some scripture references for your statement?

1. The Bible does not say what happened to CHrists body, nor does it say anything about it.

2: 1 Corinthians 15:50 Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; neither doth corruption inherit incorruption.

Edited by mnn727

1. The Bible does not say what happened to CHrists body, nor does it say anything about it.

2: 1 Corinthians 15:50 Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; neither doth corruption inherit incorruption.

1 Corinthians 15:53 For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality.

The combintion of flesh and blood can not inherit the kingdom, but the combination of immortal flesh and bone can. Resurrected bodies are made of flesh and bone; no blood.

"When our flesh is quickened by the Spirit, there will be no blood in this tabernacle" (Teachings of the Prophet Joseph Smith, 367).

Edited by JAHS

The combintion of flesh and blood can not inherit the kingdom, but the combination of immortal flesh and bone can. Resurrected bodies are made of flesh and bone; no blood.

"When our flesh is quickened by the Spirit, there will be no blood in this tabernacle" (Teachings of the Prophet Joseph Smith, 367).

I think it's important to bear in mind that we don4 really know what our body will be like, exactly, after we are resurrected. All we really know is that it will be our body, the one we have now, restored to the condition of Adam and Eve's body before they fell, which was also the condition of our Lord's resurrected body. Different than ours are now.

We say flesh and bone but I don't envision our flesh and bone being the same as our flesh and bones are now, exactly. I'm pretty sure our bones won't break and our flesh wouldn't be susceptible to damage even if someone tried to shoot us with a bazooka or blow us up with a bomb.

The differences will be awesomely amazing.