Seriously No Politics ×

Early Mormon Audio

Coreyb

Glenn Ostlund, one of the infants from the infants on thrones podcast recently launched a new site, https://earlymormonaudio.com wherein he is recording old Mormon texts that have fallen into the public domain and releasing them as free audiobooks. John C. Bennet's History Of The Saints is up first, with Parley Pratt's Key To The Science Of Theology set to be next and many more works planned. He is asking for donations, but if you don't have the means for a financial contribution, there is also the option to help producing the audiobooks by recording yourself reading, if he approves your reading voice that is. Though Glenn is a fully non believing exmormon, he plans to make the site neutral, so no commentary at all, just audio of these old texts. Personally I think this is a great idea that will benefit everyone in the online Mormon communities. I have long thought that both "sides", believing and unbelieving, are hindered in their discussions because so many who speak are unfamiliar with the pertinent literature. I think this project will help. So what do you all think? What texts would you like to listen to? I would love to hear dramatizations of the Reed Smoot hearings.

Edited by Coreyb

Here I was hoping for digital reproductions of some recorded talks of early GAs etc. Both Joseph and Brigham missed the recording eras , but some of the later Brethren could have been recorded at least after the 1920s . I recall hearing J Golden Kimball when I was a wee child . At least I think I did.Maybe it was like my mom remembered she came over on the Titanic. She was about 90 when she remembered it.

Here I was hoping for digital reproductions of some recorded talks of early GAs etc. Both Joseph and Brigham missed the recording eras , but some of the later Brethren could have been recorded at least after the 1920s . I recall hearing J Golden Kimball when I was a wee child . At least I think I did.Maybe it was like my mom remembered she came over on the Titanic. She was about 90 when she remembered it.

Well, you should take her out to the site of the sunken ship so she can toss the pendant into the ocean.