Seriously No Politics ×

I am hoping there will be a few interested in this topic...

Jim Staley is a good, level-headed, teacher, and I would enourage you to watch the whole presentation- but I want to focus in on CERN. His comments on CERN begin at about the 19:10 mark.

As LDS we believe that God doesn't use magic, but higher laws of science in doing that thing He does. Is it possible that if man, through applied science, is able to "tap into" the dark dimension, that the LORD would allow it because they have sought it- and that CERN could possibly play a part in releasing captive demons for a pre-Second coming battle, that would cause total and utter chaos?

Thoughts.

Is Julie Rowe onto something? Whoa, this is scary. Why are we allowing something like C.E.R.N to even exist, it's totally right there with a nuclear bomb.

CERN is the European Organization for Nuclear Research. The name CERN is derived from the acronym for the French Conseil Européen pour la Recherche Nucléaire, a provisional body founded in 1952 with the mandate of establishing a world-class fundamental physics research organization in Europe.

http://home.web.cern.ch/about

I don't think we have to worry.

I did not know there were any captive demons to release.

Revelation 9(1)>

Intro Opening of the bottomless pit.

1 And the fifth angel sounded, and I saw a star fall from heaven unto the earth; and to the angel was given the key of the bottomless pit.(1)>

2 And he opened the bottomless pit; and there arose a smoke out of the pit, as the smoke of a great furnace; and the sun and the air were darkened by reasons of the smoke of the pit.

3 And there came out of the smoke locusts upon the earth; and unto them was given power, as the scorpions of the earth have power.

4 And it was commanded them that they should not hurt the grass of the earth, neither any green thing, neither any tree; but only those men which have not the seal of God in their foreheads.

5 And to them it was given that they should not kill them, but that they should be tormented five months; and their torment was as the torment of a scorpion, when he striketh a man.

6 And in those days shall men seek death, and shall not find it; and shall desire to die, and death shall flee from them.(1)>(1)>(1)>(1)>(1)>(1)>

(1)>(1)>(1)>(1)>(1)>(1)>

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jCoGDTi9RvI

"The Illuminati know what is coming September 22-28, 2015"

This is getting scarier.  Is the silence about it in media or the news a sign that it's near and there's nothing we can do about it?  I'm such a conspiracy nut though.  What is it about this date?  The equinox?  Just as when Joseph Smith had to wait to get the gold plates at this time?   

Edited by Tacenda

This is getting scarier.  Is the silence about it in media or the news a sign that it's near and there's nothing we can do about it?  I'm such a conspiracy nut though.  What is it about this date?  The equinox?  Just as when Joseph Smith had to wait to get the gold plates at this time?   

Not to worry about this.  Didn't you notice the book and tape sales pitch at about 41 seconds into the presentation?

I guess Newton's dabblings in eschatology also include Sept, 23, 2015 as an important day.

Did you buy your tent?

You know what bugs me about this kind of stuff? It's all based in fear. But if we love God, we have nothing to fear. 2 Timothy 1:7: "For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind."

Besides, what does it matter what the future holds when we already know we are going to die and will have our own Second Coming then? What do you think God wants us to spend our time on: worrying about conspiracies and end times and captive demons, or loving and serving each other?

You know what bugs me about this kind of stuff? It's all based in fear. But if we love God, we have nothing to fear. 2 Timothy 1:7: "For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind."

Besides, what does it matter what the future holds when we already know we are going to die and will have our own Second Coming then? What do you think God wants us to spend our time on: worrying about conspiracies and end times and captive demons, or loving and serving each other?

I have no fear of this, even if true. I know in whom I have trusted. But being ignorant of what may be coming is not wise either.

Not to worry about this.  Didn't you notice the book and tape sales pitch at about 41 seconds into the presentation?

No I didn't, thank you.  The only thing I can't accept is the CERN deal.  Why isn't the world putting a stop to this, it's every bit as worrisome as nuclear bombs.

Edited by Tacenda

Been watching a little too much Supernatural lately?  :)

To quote Kenneth Parcell: "The truth will come out. It will come out, just like my cousin after he came home from music school." 

Seriously, though, it's a normal human trait to latch onto conspiracies and such because we don't like the idea of uncertainty. We want there to be an overarching cause for the bad things that happen in life. It scares the living heck out of us to realize that big things often come from random chance or circumstances beyond anyone's control. Look at the Kennedy assassination (and no, I'm not going to get into it but just use it as an example): we don't want to believe that a single loser with a gun killed the leader of the free world simply because his neighbor found him a job that happened to be on the motorcade route. We will look anywhere else for answers because we don't want life to be that random.

I have no fear of this, even if true. I know in whom I have trusted. But being ignorant of what may be coming is not wise either.

I can't live my life based on what some random Internet video tells me may happen on September 23. That would be quite foolish. And of course it's based on fear; otherwise it wouldn't matter.

To quote Kenneth Parcell: "The truth will come out. It will come out, just like my cousin after he came home from music school." 

Seriously, though, it's a normal human trait to latch onto conspiracies and such because we don't like the idea of uncertainty. We want there to be an overarching cause for the bad things that happen in life. It scares the living heck out of us to realize that big things often come from random chance or circumstances beyond anyone's control. Look at the Kennedy assassination (and no, I'm not going to get into it but just use it as an example): we don't want to believe that a single loser with a gun killed the leader of the free world simply because his neighbor found him a job that happened to be on the motorcade route. We will look anywhere else for answers because we don't want life to be that random.

Are you saying that sometimes a coincidence really is a coincidence?