Seriously No Politics ×

The View From 50 Is Pretty Good...

Today I turned 50.  I am reminded my greatest gifts are my family, friends, and colleagues who surround me and support me every day.

Feeling blessed!

Happy Birthday you young pup!!  Have a great day and may your gratefulness bring you joy!

Happy birthday .  The good thing about aging is that experience starts to wake up wisdom and reason.

You hope.  I've seen plenty old yet unwise and unreasonable people.  Some of them are on this board.  It might even include me (63).

Hello KevinG...

Well... you are 50 and one day... happy birthday...

I think I'm still probably the oldest one on the board... I'm 74, soon to be 75... but I'll tell you something you will soon find for yourself... the age of the body, and the reality of the Spirit are two different things...

Even though I am 74, and the years rushing by much too quickly, my Spirit feels youthful... like when I was in what I consider to be my "prime" between ages 42 - 55.  I loved those years... they were the best... the most productive (still working until age 50 when I retired)... I had gained what I consider to be a certain wisdom and life outlook...  and I still feel youthful but the old bod just doesn't always cooperate... and things encroach like high blood pressure... Diabetes 2... although I recently got myself together and started being more careful with diet and exercise... my A1c is now down from 7.5 to 6.1 (see GG doing happy dance).   

But my whole point is... is that you will be surprised at how when you age physically, your Spirit can still feel so young.   That gets frustrating at times...

Anyway, Happy Birthday KevinG...

from the beach on a wonderfully cool "beach" morning... where my day's activities will include a trip to the Newport Acquarium with my family (visiting on vacation from mid-West... the first time in 11 years I have seen them, including my sister. though sis and I stay close by talking on the phone daily, sometimes 2 - 3 times a day)   

GG

Happy birthday .  The good thing about aging is that experience starts to wake up wisdom and reason.

You hope.  I've seen plenty old yet unwise and unreasonable people.  Some of them are on this board.  It might even include me (63).

The operative word being 'starts'.

Hello KevinG...

Well... you are 50 and one day... happy birthday...

I think I'm still probably the oldest one on the board... I'm 74, soon to be 75... but I'll tell you something you will soon find for yourself... the age of the body, and the reality of the Spirit are two different things...

Even though I am 74, and the years rushing by much too quickly, my Spirit feels youthful... like when I was in what I consider to be my "prime" between ages 42 - 55.  I loved those years... they were the best... the most productive (still working until age 50 when I retired)... I had gained what I consider to be a certain wisdom and life outlook...  and I still feel youthful but the old bod just doesn't always cooperate... and things encroach like high blood pressure... Diabetes 2... although I recently got myself together and started being more careful with diet and exercise... my A1c is now down from 7.5 to 6.1 (see GG doing happy dance).   

But my whole point is... is that you will be surprised at how when you age physically, your Spirit can still feel so young.   That gets frustrating at times...

Anyway, Happy Birthday KevinG...

from the beach on a wonderfully cool "beach" morning... where my day's activities will include a trip to the Newport Acquarium with my family (visiting on vacation from mid-West... the first time in 11 years I have seen them, including my sister. though sis and I stay close by talking on the phone daily, sometimes 2 - 3 times a day)   

GG

I hear ya!

This last weekend my 18 year old brain, got into a dodge ball game with the Scouts, which reminded my 50 year old body that my spine might as well be 80.

:vava: