Seriously No Politics ×

The Last Ever Ssm Thread. Who's In?

So we have had a million threads on the pros and cons of SSM. A lot of viewpoints have been expressed. At times it has been very decisive. The courts have issued their verdict. The church has made their statement. Nothing is going to change on this issue. I would like to propose that we move on to other topics. Sure there will be other issues with church beliefs and the gay community. But on the issue of gay marriage it is pointless to continue to talk about it

So I make a proposal. I will never do another post concerning gay marriage. Who will join me. Who else is ready to move on. Let's hear from you

Nothing is going to change on this issue.

I definitely agree as long as this holds true.

I have my doubts that nothing else new will happen.

I definitely agree as long as this holds true.

I have my doubts that nothing else new will happen.

Of course. I agree Edited by california boy

If one has doubts that nothing new will happen, does that not suggest that something new will happen?

I think something new will happen. I will not start one, but there will probably be more threads.

It is time to move on... to polygamy.

as the lawyers said to the Supreme Court...badumbum.

It is time to move on... to polygamy.

Too predictable. I suggest we move on to fat people internment camps, bring back feudalism, and build drones that impact on a randomly selected land surface on the planet just to make life more interesting. Who is with me?????

We have had so much fun with this topic, I don't know if I ever want the fun to end! :D

Well, I certainly won't start any.

I certainly tired of them. Unfortunately, it is like a family that is so split about their beliefs that they can`t about them because of the division it creates. The pink elephant sits there and every one ignores it. I wish I had an answer and my family is one of those that has pink elephants. Won`t find me talking about SSM unless some kind of middle ground works out that a greater percentage of all of us can feel comfortable with.

How is a gay pizza different than a straight pizza?

OMG, there's a funny joke in there someplace, there has to be, but I can't find it.

How about we set our sights a little lower, and just ask Dan Peterson to eliminate Ray Agostino's link to "dating a horse" bestiality that has been posted in the comments of his blog about the SSM decision that he starts by showing the logo of NAMbLA.  The poster agrees with Peterson's innuendo that the SSM decision can lead to worse things, and adds the link.  Peterson himself postulates only a social acceptance of pedophilia in a world where the SSM decision exists, but he has let the link to bestiality remain.  Is this really how we want the Church to be presented to the world?

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/danpeterson/2015/07/canaries-in-the-coal-mine.html

Is this really how we want the Church to be presented to the world?

So why are you are drawing attention to this then?

You want Dan to remove it, go post on his blog where he will see the request.  He won't see it here most likely.

Edited by calmoriah