Not Being Challenged To Learn Or Grow Anymore...

LOSTONE

I have been off line for a while as my life has gotten very involved and demanding. I am always on the go and busy. Some for my own personal needs and some for others, but always a 24/7 life these days. One thing I have discovered is that I am not being challenged to learn or grow as a Christian or in my faith. It doesn’t seem to matter where I turn, the challenge to grow and learn is simply not being found. From church involvements ( services, classes, groups, volunteering, so on and on ) to family and friends, to community service and volunteering, to so many other endless things, I am not challenged at all. I am actually very bored and feel stagnate. This I do not like and it makes me feel like a robot only going through the motions as needed. I want to learn and grow, but unable to find the opportunities to do so. Even if I could slow down my life, I doubt I will find such opportunities. I am feeling frustrated.

Read the Book of Mormon if you haven't already or if too busy, you can listen to it.  Or perhaps a different faith different than your own, such as Catholicism...read or listen to sermons taught by Catholics.  Not to be converted (though we wouldn't mind you becoming LDS at all :)), but just to give you another perspective with which to examine your own faith.  Finding new ways to look at what I believe is a great challenge and motivator for growth in my own experience.

I have been off line for a while as my life has gotten very involved and demanding. I am always on the go and busy. Some for my own personal needs and some for others, but always a 24/7 life these days. One thing I have discovered is that I am not being challenged to learn or grow as a Christian or in my faith. It doesn’t seem to matter where I turn, the challenge to grow and learn is simply not being found. From church involvements ( services, classes, groups, volunteering, so on and on ) to family and friends, to community service and volunteering, to so many other endless things, I am not challenged at all. I am actually very bored and feel stagnate. This I do not like and it makes me feel like a robot only going through the motions as needed. I want to learn and grow, but unable to find the opportunities to do so. Even if I could slow down my life, I doubt I will find such opportunities. I am feeling frustrated.

It is not the responsibility of someone else to provide your intellectual challenges.  You know what you need.  Do it.

Ask God to challenge you and then duck and cover.

I knew someone pretty faithful who once told God to "Bring it on".

They apostatized about two years later.

Push yourself to do something you don't want to do but know you should. :)