Seriously No Politics ×

Mormon Tabernacle Choir Is Touring New York This Summer With Youtube Sensation Alex Boye

The Mormon Tabernacle Choir and Orchestra at Temple Square are on tour in New York this summer with Youtube sensation Alex Boye. They will be performing at Carnegie Hall on July 1st & 2nd and Bethel Woods on June 27th. Over 400 musicians live on stage!  Experience a wall of sound that is like no other concert experience you’ve ever had. Get tickets now while they last! For  Bethel Woods on Sat. June 27th (SPECIAL OFFER- Buy 1 get 1 Free for $99 and $69 tickets code: Summer) and both their Carnegie Hall shows on Wed. July 1st and Thurs. July 2nd (SPECIAL OFFER- save 20% on seats for $200 seats: use WBG20837, for $125 seats: use WBG22091).

The choir has been performing for over 167 years and is heard by millions worldwide through television, radio, satellite and Internet broadcasts, concert tours, and recordings. Today, composed of 360 volunteer voices, the Choir continues to serve as a musical ambassador for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Youtube’s 2014 winner of Cover Artist of the Year, Alex Boye, will have the honor of being the guest soloist at their upcoming Bethel Woods and Carnegie Hall shows in New York. You can also check out the Mormon Tabernacle Choir on Facebook, Twitter, Youtube, and their official website at www.MormonTabernacleChoir.org

Purple darts, are you a member of the Choir or just being nice and sharing the info? We have a longtime board member who is a member and gives us previews of music for conference.

I love Alex!  I got to sing with him last summer.  :D

I'm struck by the cost of the tickets... I certainly wouldn't be able to afford to see them in concert.  Good thing I was them in person in the Conference Center during conference... and all their programs on BYU-TV.

I enjoy Alex Boye also...

GG

After a 3 hour dress rehearsal in a hot gym, Alex stayed for hours more to sing and party with us for fun.  It was awesome!  :D 

Duncan,

There's a fairly short list of things that put people on my "cannot stand" list.  In fact, the list is so short that, off hand, I can't think of anything.  To be sure, there are a lot of qualities people might have, or things they might do, that annoy me: people who are famous for being famous, people who got ahead by doing things no decent person would even dream of doing, people who think their fame entitles them, and so on.  But even when these people register in my consciousness, it's usually only a brief moment before I return to giving them exactly as much of my attention as I think they deserve (read, "none").

I don't know Brother Boye personally, and, while I've heard him sing on occasion, I'm probably not even a devoted enough follower to call myself a fan.  I can't conceive of anything relating to him that might be more than a relatively mild annoyance.  Cannot stand?  Why not save that for things that really matter? :huh::unknw:

P.S.: Biting your tongue?  Somebody holding a gun to your head, forcing you to participate in the thread?

Edited by Kenngo1969

WHAT!!!!! I can think of maybe 4 people I know or know that I can't stand them, two of them I think I get physically ill just seeing them!!! all men. They, to me, are so over the top annoying and think they are the cat's pajamas or God's gift to various things and no one is forcing me to participate but I was asked a question so I am answering!!!

Edited by Duncan

WHAT!!!!! I can think of maybe 4 people I know or know that I can't stand them, two of them I think I get physically ill just seeing them!!! all men. They, to me, are so over the top annoying and think they are the cat's pajamas or God's gift to various things and no one is forcing me to participate but I was asked a question so I am answering!!!

So, you just can't stand him because you think he's conceited?

So, you just can't stand him because you think he's conceited?

mostly I suppose and the songs I have heard him sing aren't good!!!  but I think he's getting top billing because the Church needs it, or church members want it. I also can't stand Amy Schumer, John Bytheway and then a couple of guys I know from around here. They are all in your face and look at me, I am so good :bad: like Boye walking down Provo? or something with a camel? singing? like that's nuts!!! hahahaaha! and I just don't like that. I don't like it when people come up with their own stuff and not a bunch of covers of other peoples material

Edited by Duncan

That's what all performers are.  "Look at me!  I'm good!'  :D

That's what all performers are.  "Look at me!  I'm good!'  :D

I guess but it helps if they are good!!!! Like a couple of weeks ago I won tickets to this band I had never heard of before, Imagine Dinosaurs, I dunno, anyways after hearing the same song like 6 times I figured why they were giving away free tickets!!!! I left halfway through. I think they should have been called Imagine we have Talent!!! 

I guess but it helps if they are good!!!! Like a couple of weeks ago I won tickets to this band I had never heard of before, Imagine Dinosaurs, I dunno, anyways after hearing the same song like 6 times I figured why they were giving away free tickets!!!! I left halfway through. I think they should have been called Imagine we have Talent!!! 

If it was Imagine Dragons, then i like them!  They have some good songs!  Have you considered that you're just really weird Duncan??  ;)

If it was Imagine Dragons, then i like them!  They have some good songs!  Have you considered that you're just really weird Duncan??   ;)

funny you mention that because when I was born my parents were told I was going to be "insane" so they had me tested a couple of times and all the tests came back negative however..................I did see "Kangaroo Jack" in theatres and loved it!!! So, you can't always be sure with these things and now this Sheldon on BBT has that too, "I am not crazy my mother had me tested" well, that actually happened to me, you can call my Mum! she's home right now!!

Edited by Duncan

Oh my gosh.  I hated Kangaroo Jack!  How did it get a PG rating when he grabs that woman's breasts (thinking she's a mirage) and says, "They feel so real!"   That was promoted as a family movie!!!!

Oh my gosh.  I hated Kangaroo Jack!  How did it get a PG rating when he grabs that woman's breasts (thinking she's a mirage) and says, "They feel so real!"   That was promoted as a family movie!!!!

I don't remember that part, I must have been eating my popcorn then! it was funny!!!

The performance on America's Got Talent was the first time I heard Alex perform pop music rather than "church" music.  I was a little nervous about his choice of songs but I thought he and the band did a great job.  Energetic, joyful, really fun.   The judges and audience loved it.

I am really rooting for them on the show.  I am hoping it brings him the opportunity - whether he wins or not - to make music the career he has been striving for. I think it would be fantastic to be able to bring his music to a wider audience as he is truly talented and he would have even more opportunities to share his faith with others.

Oh wait...I did see a video of him singing the National Anthem after he became a U.S. Citizen.   His joy was palpable.

So....yeah...I'll go on record as saying I CAN stand him.  :D