Seriously No Politics ×

Never Have I Failed So Completely To Communicate My Thoughts

Duncan: Be careful, you could wind up a stat on a homicide sheet

Garden Girl: I love you, have you made peace with your Dad yet?

Nehor: Too bad you stopped reading, You missed perhaps my best contribution to the institution of marriage .Get out of that pool of content and jump into the pool of eternal marriage. The rewards are worth a little bit of pain.

ErayR: Thanks for understanding

RPN: You hit the nail on the head

Bluebell: You truly are blessed, I was not being sarcastic.

Storm Rider & Stagazer: When you look up at Orion"s Belt think of me and my beautiful wife storm riding the Pacific. I look forward to meeting you among others.

No one can replace my wife, she loves me as much as I love her. I regret dragging her into this. If I have given the impression my marriage is a marriage of pain I have utterly failed to communicate.

Rod out.

Good morning, Rod...

When I was in my late 20's, my husband and I were driving home from a trip that took us through Parker, Arizona, where I knew my dad was living... I told my husband to stop and let me see if I could find him in the directory, and if so I'd visit him and make peace.   So, I looked but there was no listing... so we went on our way, with me deciding to contact him through the mail.  But I never did, and it was not long after that that I was notified he had passed away.  So I was never able to reconcile with him...  but I have taken care of his temple work...

GG

Nehor: Too bad you stopped reading, You missed perhaps my best contribution to the institution of marriage .Get out of that pool of content and jump into the pool of eternal marriage. The rewards are worth a little bit of pain.

I will as soon as I find someone to jump off the cliff with me.

Duncan: Be careful, you could wind up a stat on a homicide sheet

ErayR: Thanks for understanding

RPN: You hit the nail on the head

Bluebell: You truly are blessed, I was not being sarcastic.

Storm Rider & Stagazer: When you look up at Orion"s Belt think of me and my beautiful wife storm riding the Pacific. I look forward to meeting you among others.

No one can replace my wife, she loves me as much as I love her. I regret dragging her into this. If I have given the impression my marriage is a marriage of pain I have utterly failed to communicate.

Rod out.

I survived our HT visit! we really didn't talk directly about her situation we talked about whatever she wanted to talk about and so we alluded to how we can get help, we have options stuff like that. Honestly though while driving home my comp. asked me if I had heard of John Dehlin, well my Virgin Tom Collins mix was all over me now when he said that!!! hahahahaha!

I survived our HT visit! we really didn't talk directly about her situation we talked about whatever she wanted to talk about and so we alluded to how we can get help, we have options stuff like that. Honestly though while driving home my comp. asked me if I had heard of John Dehlin, well my Virgin Tom Collins mix was all over me now when he said that!!! hahahahaha!

And did you tell him the dark side of the force he was delving into?

For me it was the chicken thing....is the chicken somehow the dark side?

that's what I want to know!!! actually I was born addicted to KFC. My Mum took my older sister and brother to KFC the week I was born and so every year for my birthday we get KFC!!! 

Edited by Duncan

And did you tell him the dark side of the force he was delving into?

Not a very nice thing to say...huh..I thought it was just us ex-mormons that dished out stuff like that. :acute:

For me it was the chicken thing....is the chicken somehow the dark side?

The chicken is the Dark Side, unless of course it is covered in yellow curry.

This is my view of my love for my wife: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eR26EF9Ozpo

perhaps someday it will become recognized as eternal.

Join another church and it will be. Or don't and just believe like the majority that have faith that they will be. I don't know any church but the LDS that separates marriages like we do. Putting them in different kingdoms if they progress differently. Like if my husband wasn't with me at all in the belief the church has many things in history that were wrong and the church possibly not being all truth and he was TBM in everyway, he'd just be married to others in the CK while I would not. He would become a God and have many wives, while I'll be in a lower kingdom. Marriage means nothing if one partner screws it up by not keeping all the laws and ordinances. Edited by Tacenda

Join another church and it will be. Or don't and just believe like the majority that have faith that they will be. I don't know any church but the LDS that separates marriages like we do. Putting them in different kingdoms if they progress differently. Like if my husband wasn't with me at all in the belief the church has many things in history that were wrong and the church possibly not being all truth and he was TBM in everyway, he'd just be married to others in the CK while I would not. He would become a God and have many wives, while I'll be in a lower kingdom. Marriage means nothing if one partner screws it up by not keeping all the laws and ordinances.

Tacenda,

Don't want to mess up a social hall with a debate, so if this is out of line just delete it. (Mods) I just wanted to point out that the LDS Church is the only one I know that believes in the continuation of marriage past the mortal plane of existence.

I remember years ago some friends of mine knew a lady that had lost her husband. They had had a long and wonderful marriage and she was heartbroken to think that she would never know him as her husband again. My friends introduced her to the Church and the New and Everlasting Covenant. It filled her with a joyous hope where before she only saw loneliness and sadness.

The Gospel is a Gospel of hope.

I hope that you can rekindle your own hope and faith. That is the only thing that keeps me going.

Glenn

Join another church and it will be. Or don't and just believe like the majority that have faith that they will be. I don't know any church but the LDS that separates marriages like we do. Putting them in different kingdoms if they progress differently. Like if my husband wasn't with me at all in the belief the church has many things in history that were wrong and the church possibly not being all truth and he was TBM in everyway, he'd just be married to others in the CK while I would not. He would become a God and have many wives, while I'll be in a lower kingdom. Marriage means nothing if one partner screws it up by not keeping all the laws and ordinances.

I don't seek to become a God, I seek an eternal marriage to my wife. Perhaps that IS my problem.

If I believe in the LDS view of eternal life, my mom and dad won't be together.  She will be in the CK and he probably won't.  He started questioning his faith in God and the church.  Plus he was a coffee drinker and possibly started to drink alcohol after mom got worse with Alzheimer's just to deal.  He was the most Christian man I've ever met though.  But he did have a problem when it came to the church and the things they chose to spend his tithing money on.  He wanted more places for people like my mom, when she couldn't live at home any longer.  My mom was stalwart LDS, they were sealed in the temple.  My dad wore his garments to the end though.  Except now it keeps them separate, I don't know how Glenn will answer this one.  

I don't seek to become a God, I seek an eternal marriage to my wife. Perhaps that IS my problem.

I don't see how it could be, unless being with your wife eternally is more important to you then being with the rest of your family including the Father and Son.

If I believe in the LDS view of eternal life, my mom and dad won't be together.  She will be in the CK and he probably won't.  He started questioning his faith in God and the church.  Plus he was a coffee drinker and possibly started to drink alcohol after mom got worse with Alzheimer's just to deal.  He was the most Christian man I've ever met though.  But he did have a problem when it came to the church and the things they chose to spend his tithing money on.  He wanted more places for people like my mom, when she couldn't live at home any longer.  My mom was stalwart LDS, they were sealed in the temple.  My dad wore his garments to the end though.  Except now it keeps them separate, I don't know how Glenn will answer this one.  

Tacenda,

God is the only person that has the right to make those judgments on anyone. He knows your father's heart. I would not even want to try judge him. It sounds as if he was a wonderful man.

I once wondered about Emma Smith. She left the church. However, I feel that her sacrifices have been accepted by the Lord and she is by her husband's side at this time.

So, maybe your father's sacrifices also have been accepted.

After all, in Section 76 of the Doctrine and Covenants, the Lord does not identify those who will come forth in the First Resurrection as people who became perfect on their own, but as "just men, made perfect.'

Here are a couple of verses for example:

" 68 These are they whose names are written in heaven, where God and Christ are the judge of all.

69 These are they who are just men made perfect through Jesus the mediator of the new covenant, who wrought out this perfect atonement through the shedding of his own blood."

I do not profess to know the Gospel perfectly, and I know I am far from perfect. But I hope someday that I will be among those "just men" and women who have been made perfect. And I would not be surprised to find your father there also.

Glenn

Thanks Cal and Glenn for your thoughts.  Sorry to be so personal again, my dad never read his scriptures, he read the ads in the newspaper.  Always finding something to work on such as an old boat or something to use for fishing.  He had a very tender heart for anyone out there that is an underdog and was always cheering them up with his humor.  Even though he suffered from extreme back and leg pain from a teenage incident where he fell out of a tree several feet to the ground. 

I hope he's given a chance!  Looking forward to a reading from my niece, I hope she has some answers for me.  Haven't felt anything from my parents.  But hoping they are together!! 

Thanks Cal and Glenn for your thoughts.  Sorry to be so personal again, my dad never read his scriptures, he read the ads in the newspaper.  Always finding something to work on such as an old boat or something to use for fishing.  He had a very tender heart for anyone out there that is an underdog and was always cheering them up with his humor.  Even though he suffered from extreme back and leg pain from a teenage incident where he fell out of a tree several feet to the ground. 

I hope he's given a chance!  Looking forward to a reading from my niece, I hope she has some answers for me.  Haven't felt anything from my parents.  But hoping they are together!!

I wouldn`t make any assumptions about it and assume they are together. We really are a Church (the only Church?) that gives people another chance and possibities after death.

J. Reuben Clark, Jr.:

"It is my belief that God will save all of His children that he can; and while, if we live unrighteously here, we shall not go to the other side in the same status, so to speak, as those who lived righteously; nevertheless, the unrighteous will have their chance, and in the eons of the eternities that are to follow, they, too, may climb to the destinies to which they who are righteous and serve God, have climbed. 

- Church News (23 April 1960)