Seriously No Politics ×

Kresimir Cosic

Okrahomer

I was a teenager when I watched him play for BYU on TV.  I loved how he would take a flying leap, contorting his arms (as if he was going to pass the ball in any direction) then dump the ball or take the shot.

Kres was/is worthy of emulation in many ways ... a truly remarkable human being: if he were alive today, I feel fairly certain he would strive to play an integral role in healing the cultural divisions that have arisen, needlessly, in his homeland.  (Perhaps he can do more about that on the other side than he ever could have here).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9FsQn2uEWXU

I remember Kresimir Cosic. Blast from the past. Only the name I am afraid...That makes me think he must have had a "cup of coffee" (no offense to the WoW intended, heh) in the NBA. My memory fails me. I knew he was a big guy.

I am glad of the report of faith in God. May the good God bless him. May he rest in peace. I agree with Ken...about doing more on "the other side".

3DOP

I remember Kresimir Cosic. Blast from the past. Only the name I am afraid...That makes me think he must have had a "cup of coffee" (no offense to the WoW intended, heh) in the NBA. My memory fails me. I knew he was a big guy.

I am glad of the report of faith in God. May the good God bless him. May he rest in peace. I agree with Ken...about doing more on "the other side".

3DOP

At 6'11", he was indeed a tall man, but on the lanky side. And as mentioned above, he was an exceptionally entertaining basketball player to watch. He was picked for the NBA twice (in successive years), but he turned the NBA down in order to return home. He led his national team to the gold medal in the 1980 Moscow Olympics--the one the U.S. boycotted. He also translated the Book of Mormon and LDS Doctrine and Covenants into Croatian. He died in Baltimore in 1995 of non-Hodgkin's lymphoma while serving as Deputy Ambassador to the U.S. for his beloved Croatia. He was only 46.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Krešimir_Ćosić

Archived