Seriously No Politics ×

Richard G. Scott Stepping Down??

BookofMormonLuvr

[sigh]  This is not true, and his illness is being shamelessly exploited at a time when he should be left to say his goodbyes to his loved ones in peace.  Now they are going to have to deal with this hurtful, public, nonsense.

It almost reads like a satirical piece...maybe it is.

ETA - even the anti's over on Reddit are calling this crap.  Apparently the writer is a publicity monger that will do anything to promote his blog.

If the first place I see something being published is the British press, I automatically take it with a grain of salt until I verify it with other sources.

If the first place I see something being published is the British press, I automatically take it with a grain of salt until I verify it with other sources.

It is not the British press, he is attempting to get some credibility by mimicing.  A fraud in every way.

Whilst this is a blog, this is still a sensible approach - generally, the British press is unreliable!

Apologies for the derail.

As for the blog...ugh!

It is about as true as the claim in the Guardian that there has been "a mass exodus of its members for doctrinal and historical issues."  That's in the same article.

However, if Elder Scott wants to retire from the Twelve for health reasons, I see no reason why he cannot.  There is now a Pope Emeritus living in retirement, while a new Pope is in office.  Why not?  It makes good sense, even if it is unusual.

Whilst this is a blog, this is still a sensible approach - generally, the British press is unreliable!

Apologies for the derail.

As for the blog...ugh!

The BBC news has been very reliable.

by press, I was referring only to the newspapers which are generally poor at news reporting - the Guardian whose name this blog steals is somewhat of an exception, perhaps the reason the blog writer uses the name? The BBC is probably the best of the British media. But I think I'm derailing this thread.

Archived