Seriously No Politics ×

Elder Perry's Funeral Music

I definitely want more upbeat music at my funeral.  But MoTab is welcome to provide it.

Maybe something like:

Now Let Us Rejoice

Praise To The Man

The Spirit of God

Hope of Israel

you know, something to stir the heart as well as speak to the spirit.

went well, Pres. Monson spoke! I think all of the Apostles were there

Darn, I so wanted to watch this. I'm sure there were great stories enabling everyone to see the human side of the prophet and apostles. Do you have any tidbits to share Duncan?

Anyone know how the funeral went?

It was wonderful... Opening prayer was given by Elder Nelson.  Then his son, Elder Ballard and Elder Oakes spoke... each telling brief stories, and also giving thanks for the Plan of Salvation/Happiness... tender, uplifting... the final speaker was Pres Monson, who gave a wonderful tribute... Benediction was by Elder Holland...

The music of the Choir was perfect... O Diviine Redeemer brought tears...

GG

Darn, I so wanted to watch this. I'm sure there were great stories enabling everyone to see the human side of the prophet and apostles. Do you have any tidbits to share Duncan?

"Ask, and ye shall receive; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you." ;):D

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/765675017/Watch-live-Elder-L-Tom-Perrys-funeral-service.html?pg=all

:diablo:

...was painting my in law's barn. :-)

Glad to see you were following SWK's admonition. Better late than never ... :clapping:

"Broken fences should be mended or removed. Unused barns should be repaired, roofed, painted, or removed" SWK

Edited by strappinglad