Seriously No Politics ×

Wanted 2 Kittens

We are looking for 2 new crew members, 2 kittens that are very young, 6 to 12 weeks old. They will be living on a 43 foot sailboat. I will drive to pick them up but the closer to Stockton, CA the better. We will take care of the shots, microchips and getting them fixed. We need them young to train them to live on the boat.  Our last 2 crew members lived with us for 17 and 18 years. They had traveled with us to 6 countries and every state in the US except Alaska .We have been without crew now for almost 3 years. 

We are looking for 2 new crew members, 2 kittens that are very young, 6 to 12 weeks old. They will be living on a 43 foot sailboat. I will drive to pick them up but the closer to Stockton, CA the better. We will take care of the shots, microchips and getting them fixed. We need them young to train them to live on the boat.  Our last 2 crew members lived with us for 17 and 18 years. They had traveled with us to 6 countries and every state in the US except Alaska .We have been without crew now for almost 3 years. 

Hello Rod...

Please... please go to your local shelter and look for two kittens... this is spring and the shelters will be full of new, unwanted kittens.  You can rescue two of these precious little critters... I love, love, love the fact that they will be "crew." 

I hope this finds you and Patti doing well...

All good wishes...

GG

ETA:  If you call the shelter, they can tell you when the influx of new kitties will start... should be any time now... and they will be getting unwanted litters... so terribly sad.  Every time I think of when I went to the shelter and found my Bob, I'm so happy to whoever dropped him off on the doorstep in a carrier.  I wanted an adult cat vs a kitten and Bob was about two years old... I've had him now for just over 5 years, and what a companion he is to me...

Edited by Garden Girl

Hmm, cats?  A dog is so much more fun, but to each his/her own. 

Hello Storm Rider...

But for a boat that has limited space for exercise, kittens are so much more adaptable... dogs need to be walked, or at least have a back yard where they can play, etc.  They need exercise... cats can jump up on shelves, for toys, cat trees, etc... and they sleep a good part of the 24 hr day.  In fact, they are the ideal crew...

My Bob is a strictly indoor cat... he has never been outside that I can tell... he never sits at the door wanting out, etc etc.  he is content to sit or lie in the windowsills and watch the birds, squirrels, etc.  He makes me laugh when he gets high energy and tears through the house... he will jump on this one kitchen counter (not near food prep), up to the refrig top, and up to the top of the cupboards... the other day he surprised me and jumped from the soffit above the cupboard over and down to the top of a six-foot bookshelf. a leap of about five feet.  I see my neighbors walking their dogs in the rain and am thankful for my Bobby who is happy as he runs and plays all over the house.

GG

We looked at the shelter, we wanted younger kittens than the had. I'd love to have a coupe of Main Coons.

Maine Coons are a wonderful breed... and so big and beautiful... known for their disposition...

Please don't give up on the shelter... call them and ask them to let you know if they get younger kitties in because I think they will these next few weeks. 

GG

• 2 weeks later...

Do cats have to get their ' sea legs '  and if so, how long does it take?

They could be named Hey and You. That way when they are called for feeding y'all could just say " Hey, You, come for dinner!

:lol:  :acute:

May you, your Kitties, and the rest of your family travel in safety, my friend.  I'll keep the lower lights burning for you. :)

P.S.: You can train cats? :huh:  Who knew? :unknw:;)

P.P.S. Dogs have owners, cats have staff. ;)

They are both fixed and chipped, with current shots, ready to travel the world. :)

You should probably invest in a big net with a long pole, in case one of them falls into the water.

Do cats have to get their ' sea legs '  and if so, how long does it take?

They could be named Hey and You. That way when they are called for feeding y'all could just say " Hey, You, come for dinner!

Yes they take a day or so to get their sea legs. Our last 2 cats would run and puke in the kitty box when they got seasick but after a couple of days they were fine. Red Kitty hated going to sea and he would hide under pillows from the noise of the wind and sea. He would be so happy when the anchor got put down you could hear his purring from a mile away. Sebastian loved going to sea, it could be blowing a gale and he would be bouncing all around the cockpit trying to help sail and he did night watch with Patti all the time.

The new names are Bennie and Leia. We thought Bennie and Sophie sounded too much alike for them to differentiate. 

Edited by rodheadlee

May you, your Kitties, and the rest of your family travel in safety, my friend.  I'll keep the lower lights burning for you. :)

P.S.: You can train cats? :huh:  Who knew? :unknw:;)

P.P.S. Dogs have owners, cats have staff. ;)

Thanks!

post-14874-0-69871200-1431866953_thumb.jYou should probably invest in a big net with a long pole, in case one of them falls into the water.

Yes that's a great idea. They are much like the Lord Jesus Christ though and most cats can actually walk on water. Our last boat we put netting up all around the boat.

Edited by rodheadlee

Ok, soon :)

What a neat picture of Patti... more! more! plus some of you too Rod... would like to see you and put face with names.  And of course Bennie and Leia...

Edit to add... I'm going to try and figure out how to post pictures and then I'll put some on of my cat, Bob, that people are probably tired of hearing me talk about... I might even include one of me... Yikes!

GG

Edited by Garden Girl

Yes they take a day or so to get their sea legs. Our last 2 cats would run and puke in the kitty box when they got seasick but after a couple of days they were fine. Red Kitty hated going to sea and he would hide under pillows from the noise of the wind and sea. He would be so happy when the anchor got put down you could hear his purring from a mile away. Sebastian loved going to sea, it could be blowing a gale and he would be bouncing all around the cockpit trying to help sail and he did night watch with Patti all the time.

The new names are Bennie and Leia. We thought Bennie and Sophie sounded too much alike for them to differentiate. 

Bennie and Leia?  Not Luke and Leia?  Or Bennie and The Jet?

Sorry, getting silly 2night.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello Rod and Patti...

Just a note to ask how the kittens are doing... I see one likes to post here on the board... are they both adjusting?  Are you sailing now, or will you leave soon...

GG

Edited by Garden Girl