Seriously No Politics ×

What Skills Are Needed In Heaven?

After reading several threads on the constitution etc. , I started thinking about what occupations will be needed in the Celestial city.

As strictly a speculative thought experiment, I considered what might still be useful and what will no longer be necessary.

For example, there probably will still be bricklayers and road builders although they would likely be working with different materials.

I suspect there will still be a need for the Guinness Book of Records folks, because people never tire of seeing who can break the record for how many angels can stand on the head of a pin or some such.

I'm not sure about the need for plumbers, but maybe there is a call for fountains.

I'm hoping there is no place for politicians, but to quote Jeff Goldblum in Jurassic Park, nature will find a way.

How bout a Celestial Baker?  Seriously...my cookies are like heaven!  Plus I would like something to do..I am good at music but not the harp.

Ah, but do we eat?

I want to be able to ski, surf and skydive....or fly, wouldn't mind that variation.

I want to give you an invite. I have long planned to make a planet entirely of ocean and then set up a huge wave that we can surf around the entire globe. Want to come?

These all sound like a heaven I could get behind! I have a bleak idea of heaven, don't know why for sure, hope it's like your ideas!

You have a bleak idea of heaven???  How can living with God and the Savior be anything but glorious, according to the scriptures... how about the NDE's in the Tops' book where experiencers described the sense of overwhelming love... the beautiful music that they didn't have words to describe... the beauty of the colors, some for which they had no names because they hadn't seen anything like them before... and on and on... but mainly the LOVE... 

How can you think heaven will be bleak...

GG

You have a bleak idea of heaven??? How can living with God and the Savior be anything but glorious, according to the scriptures... how about the NDE's in the Tops' book where experiencers described the sense of overwhelming love... the beautiful music that they didn't have words to describe... the beauty of the colors, some for which they had no names because they hadn't seen anything like them before... and on and on... but mainly the LOVE...

How can you think heaven will be bleak...

GG

Maybe for worrying that my disbelief is going to get me to a not very good place.

So my skills will have to be how to endure torture. No, maybe it'd be better if there was no afterlife.

Back to the program of lighter posts about the OP, sorry.

Maybe for worrying that my disbelief is going to get me to a not very good place.

So my skills will have to be how to endure torture. No, maybe it'd be better if there was no afterlife.

Back to the program of lighter posts about the OP, sorry.

Doubt your doubts and hold fast to what you sincerely believe in.  Focus on improving your talents.

Satan (the Accuser) was allowed to have a discussion with the Father (in His Presence) concerning Job's exemplary life.

I am not sure I buy that story. I suspect Job was a real person but that our book would fall under the "based on a true story" classification. I doubt someone nearby wrote down all the speeches given verbatim or that whoever wrote it was given a vision where Satan showed up at God's throne to call God out for Job's supposedly pampered life. I see no reason to believe God lets Satan visit. The prologue of the story is too storybookish. It seems to me a fanciful prologue made up by the writer to amuse the reader. It may even be a later addition someone else added as the prologue seems to me to contradict the theme of the whole story.