Seriously No Politics ×

Another High-Profile Member Abandons Church

The Nehor

I don't get it....isn't it good that someone is no longer a satanist?

He's still a satanist (he spends the first few minutes lauding satanism and claiming it's given him great success), just quite that specific church.

But besides that, i'm sure the thread is just in jest.  :D

I have one regret in life ... no talent to express myself with a guitar.

If I had it to do all over, I'd be tempted to look for the Crossroads

Oh, gosh, one of my all-time favorite groups playing one of my all-time favorite songs!  I like the version on Wheels of Fire best, however, this one is also excellent.  The guitar and drum virtuosity on this song just sends me to a wonderful place.  I can listen to it over and over.

I remember one early winter midnight driving over the snowy Snoqualmie pass in Washington state in my old Chevy Caprice, past all the ski resorts with all their lights burning and a few other drivers timidly puttering by on the white roadway at 30 and 40 mph, while I blew past them at 60, Crossroads pumping over and over out of my ghetto blaster sitting next to me, and snowflakes simulating an endless starfield.  It was wonderful!

Later I thought I had been rather reckless driving that fast over the pass in those conditions, but that old car weighed more than five others on the road and gave no indication that it was doing anything other than plowing the road.

A Satanic church has become corrupted. Oh the irony !!!

Careful, you'll summon Tsuzuki to correct us all...

He's still a satanist (he spends the first few minutes lauding satanism and claiming it's given him great success), just quite that specific church.

But besides that, i'm sure the thread is just in jest.   :D

You're talkin about the Church of Satan founded by Anton LaVey.  It is not a jest.

However, knowing the Nehor, it may be his way of speaking about a quite different matter which has been discussed on this board many times in recent years:  A matter of betrayal from within an important organization, which was gutted and destroyed by someone who had carefully read The Screwtape Letters.  Nuff said?

You're talkin about the Church of Satan founded by Anton LaVey. It is not a jest.

However, knowing the Nehor, it may be his way of speaking about a quite different matter which has been discussed on this board many times in recent years: A matter of betrayal from within an important organization, which was gutted and destroyed by someone who had carefully read The Screwtape Letters. Nuff said?

Oh I know the church, and the man in the video, are completely real. I meant the thread, especially the thread title, were in jest.

There is a legend that, if one goes to a crossroads at midnight the Devil will be there and he will grant you a wish, The only condition is he gets your soul when you die. 

yep, Robert Johnson

“Lord, I’m goin’ to Rosedale, gon’ take my rider by my side.”

US 61 and US 49

listen to the tune

No, really, the Nehor had an ulterior motive, and it was not meant in jest.

Beau geste, maybe.

No, no hidden motive. I just randomly found the YouTube video and posted it. I was hoping people would click it thinking someone joined Kelly and Dehlin but it is not a commentary on either of them either.

Sometime I wonder about The Nehor, But wondering has never really gotten me anywhere on the matter.

Don't cry for me. I'm already dead.

The Nehor is a conundrum ,wrapped in an enigma, covered in resolute sauce and sprinkled with tart peppers.

Excuse me, I feel an overwhelming desire to go to the fridge.

Me too. I think I am going to go make pancakes.

I am cursed to wander the forums making abrasive posts until a poster of pure heart gives me a kiss emoticon and breaks the spell.

:air_kiss:

GG

Archived