Seriously No Politics ×

In Case You Were Wondering

strappinglad

Bisexual?  Or rather the equivalent gender of the bisexual orientation?

add-on:  looks like it is someone who feels at times male, sometimes female, sometimes both.

add-on and on:  There are a number of First Nation communities in Ontario; if the terminology is from them, it does not surprise me.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Two-Spirit

Two-spirit people (also two spirit or twospirit) is a modern umbrella term used by some indigenous North Americans to describe or label gender-variant individuals in their communities. Historically, non-Native (i.e. non-Native Americananthropologists used the termberdache /bərˈdæʃɨz/ to identify an individual fulfilling one of many mixed gender roles in First Nations and Native American tribes, but it has now fallen out of favor.

Third and fourth gender roles traditionally embodied by two-spirit people include performing work and wearing clothing associated with both men and women. Not all tribes have rigid gender roles, but, among those that do, some consider there to be at least four genders: masculine man, feminine man, masculine woman, feminine woman. The presence of male-bodied two-spirits "was a fundamental institution among most tribal peoples"[1] and, according to Will Roscoe, both male- and female-bodied two-spirits have been documented "in over 130 North America tribes, in every region of the continent."[2]

"Grade 8 students will also be taught there are six genders: male, female, two-spirited, transgender, transsexual, intersex."

Boy, God really messed up when he only created male and female in the Garden...2/6 doesn't cut it apparently.

I read that article and i'm not sure of your point TSS.  Can you elaborate?

If you don't teach children basic anatomy you get those that believe swallowing a large "pill" will somehow end up in a woman's uterus. Yes I know the idea was to outlaw abortions. However how they went about it makes as much sense as outlawing heart surgery because swallowing a "pill" doesn't end up in the heart.

If you don't teach children basic anatomy you get those that believe swallowing a large "pill" will somehow end up in a woman's uterus. Yes I know the idea was to outlaw abortions. However how they went about it makes as much sense as outlawing heart surgery because swallowing a "pill" doesn't end up in the heart.

Did you read the article or just he punch line?  What you are saying does not make sense in regards to what actually happened or the intent of the statement made.  

Did you read the article or just he punch line?  What you are saying does not make sense in regards to what actually happened or the intent of the statement made.  

I read the whole thing. It is still a mess on an answer. He's was a preadolescent quip to subvert the tough emotional decisions in the issue of abortion. The intent was obvious, it was to outlaw contraception by putting The Pill in the class of abortion meds.

They used sarcasm to make a point. It had absolutely nothing to do with knowing anatomy.

They knew that a pill swallowed does not end up in the vagina but was just illustrating the problem with doing abortions via video chat.

The point you are trying to make is not supported by this article. Everyone present knew anatomy.

So over 20 years ago an elementary school teacher in my son's school went ahead and taught her students how to use condoms in defiance of the school board's instruction. When parents demanded some penalty or at least an apology from her, they were told nothing could be done.

We moved but I can't see any reason why that teacher wouldn't just continue doing the same thing.

I can see why if the school officials refused to do something to prevent a teacher fom teaching what was generally accepted as inappropriate not only by individual parents, but the curriculum itself, steps might be taken to curb such behaviour in another way that might seem extreme to others not aware of the history.

It just so happens that this occurred in my son's school in Kansas though I have no clue what has been going on there in the 20plus years since it happened.

So over 20 years ago an elementary school teacher in my son's school went ahead and taught her students how to use condoms in defiance of the school board's instruction. When parents demanded some penalty or at least an apology from her, they were told nothing could be done.

We moved but I can't see any reason why that teacher wouldn't just continue doing the same thing.

I can see why if the school officials refused to do something to prevent a teacher fom teaching what was generally accepted as inappropriate not only by individual parents, but the curriculum itself, steps might be taken to curb such behaviour in another way that might seem extreme to others not aware of the history.

It just so happens that this occurred in my son's school in Kansas though I have no clue what has been going on there in the 20plus years since it happened.

And the world ended not....I remember an LDS Sister ranting on and on about her daughter's class going on a field trip to a Center which taught birth control...explained to her how to et her daughter exempted, but advised her against doing so, she got her daughter exempted and then several months later discovered she would soon be a grandmother...but no son in law....

And the world ended not....I remember an LDS Sister ranting on and on about her daughter's class going on a field trip to a Center which taught birth control...explained to her how to et her daughter exempted, but advised her against doing so, she got her daughter exempted and then several months later discovered she would soon be a grandmother...but no son in law....

If only she had attended, then she wouldn't have gotten pregnant.

If only she had attended, then she wouldn't have gotten pregnant.

I suspected that she really did need the education, I have noticed over the years that many, not all, of the parents who complain the loudest about sex education are the ones that completely fail in that regard at home.

Archived