Seriously No Politics ×

"first I'm Going To Pay My Tithe"...on 188 Million Dollars

hagoth7

Why was this locked before? :unknw:

Aaaanyway ..

I like this woman's priorities, as well.

Dave Ramsey, though he isn't hurting for money (I don't think; it'd be hard for anyone giving financial advice to be taken seriously if he, himself, were hurting for money), and though he isn't LDS, also tithes.  Even though it's an Old Testament commandment, it's never been rescinded. :)

In that case neither has the requirement for resting every seventh year and the year of jubilee. Also, I am having a hard time finding Levites to pay it too.

;)

Good luck, Brother.  I feel for your plight.  (For the record, it's not the fact that it appears in the Old Testament that makes it authoritative: it has been reiterated in modern times, and that's what makes it authoritative.)

• 1 month later...

Why was this locked before? :unknw:

Aaaanyway ..

I like this woman's priorities, as well.

Dave Ramsey, though he isn't hurting for money (I don't think; it'd be hard for anyone giving financial advice to be taken seriously if he, himself, were hurting for money), and though he isn't LDS, also tithes.  Even though it's an Old Testament commandment, it's never been rescinded. :)

I prefer to distinguish between the Law of Moses and the Law of the Gospel rather than between OT and NT. The Law of the Gospel was in effect prior to the Law of Moses becoming necessary to dumb things down.  In this case, notice that Abraham paid tithes well before the Law of Moses was established.

Archived