Seriously No Politics ×

The Problem With Science: It's Not Credible

Wow....it must be right then, because scientists have NEVER been wrong....

but, to be fair.....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_scientists_opposing_the_mainstream_scientific_assessment_of_global_warming

The construction of reality is never smooth but eventually someone wins and suddenly everyone "knows" it is "true".

Look at Copernicus vs the Catholics.

This is NO laughing matter. Gore has ENORMOUS influence on science, school children, government funding of Universities to "authenticate" AGW, etc. Gore orchestrated a massive propaganda campaign travelling all over the world (using his private jet and making a large carbon footprint) and pushing his movie "An Inconvenient Truth". But his predictions have proven wrong time and again over the last 20 or more years. Gore was invested in ENRON which was preparing to set up an exchange of "carbon credits" but the corporation went into bankruptcy when their executives were prosecuted for criminal accounting procedures. Now Gore is has moved into renewable energy companies (which requires a great deal of lobbying on the government).

Michael Mann was exposed for falsifying science with his infamous Hockey Stick graph (which completely ignored the Medieval Warming Period). The University of East Anglia was caught with their pants down when their emails were hacked and released to the public showing how manipulative they were in trying to foment climate hysteria. You see government using science grants to corrupt the scientific process to get the "outcome" they desire. Most proponents of "Big Government" really don't care about the science of AGW except to impose restrictions on the quality of life for the common people and to force massive redistribution of wealth to other countries.

Exactly.  Thank you for understanding the point not understood, but mocked.

How so? Do you deny that there is a MASSIVE sustained propaganda offensive by "97%" of all media?

I don't care about the media, I read the scientific literature. 

3 papers proved that 97% is a good estimate. 

So, you did not tell me what you been reading. What have you been reading or watching? 

There is real concern that much of the government grants are seriously corruptive. 

I am not going to respond to your conspiracy theories because it is just a red herring, and I already posted a video. 

You did not respond to my science claims, let's talk about the science. 

Wow....it must be right then, because scientists have NEVER been wrong....

Scientists could be wrong, but the general pubic is always wrong. 

Most Americans are skeptical about CO2 caused climate change

Please point me to the observed temperature readings and data for the Medieval period.  I would be interested in seeing the observed data.

Temperature_Pattern_MWP.gif

Temp_Pattern_1999_2008_NOAA.jpg

mann08_s6e_eivGLlandocean.png

Edited by MormonFreeThinker

Gasp!  Actually, 97% of all scientists agreed with the Catholic Church

Most academic intellectuals go with what is politically correct, because institutions write their paychecks, and institutions define what is "politically correct".

In fact the very term "pc" comes from Marxism in which the government must define ideology to "correct" the "mistakes" of the proletarian masses.  It all relates to the perceived "superiority" and elitism of telling the ignorant masses the correct way of thinking.

I am no longer a Marxist or Marxian (yes- there is a difference) but I understand well the thought process.   That is why the media often gets included into that elitism since it is their noble responsibility to educate those with the silly notion that individuals are actually intelligent enough to handle their own affairs.

I have not studied global warming so I have no opinion on the subject.

I may be the only politically conservative social constructivist on the planet.  My experience in life has taught me to never trust institutions.  I will make up my own mind and trust no one, thank you very much!

In God we trust, all others pay in gold, as long as that is considered valuable.  When that ends, nuts and berries will do.  ;)

Edited by mfbukowski

Al Gore is not a climate scientist, I don't care about what he does or says. 

He is relevant to politics, but not to science. 

Gore is part of the "establishment" dedicated to indoctrinating school children to become compliant with government measures to raise taxes exorbitantly (to artificially depress demand for forms of energy that are "highly concentrated" or "efficient" and to needlessly degrade the standard of living for the common people.  Gore and the University researchers and professors are scratching each others backs and engaging in a "high octane" (pun intended) offensive against "deniers" and skeptics.

If Captain Moroni (circa 72 B.C. according to BoM) was alive today, he would write on his rent garment (that he used as his "Title of Liberty") his serious opposition to the indoctrination of school children, the dumbing down of core subjects such as math, history, science, language, etc.  He would advocate the "separation of schools and State" and enable parents complete freedom of choosing private schools for their children (with vouchers if available).  And, certainly, he would seek out and punish those who would interfere with the people's right of self expression and first amendment guarantees for religious communication.

Edited by longview

Gore is part of the "establishment" dedicated to indoctrinating school children to become compliant with government measures to raise taxes exorbitantly

Many skeptics are indoctrinated, and most of them are not skeptical at all. 

Where are you learning that stuff? Think tanks? Blogs? You need to question your sources,what if you are wrong? 

Gore is not a climate scientist, and he is irrelevant to the topic. 

In 1896, Dr. Svante Arrhenius demonstrated CO2 caused global warming to be plausible. 

In the 1950s, important papers where published 

"Effect of carbon dioxide variations on climate" GN Pass - American Journal of PHysics, 1956
""Carbon dioxide exchanged between atmosphere and ocean and the question of an increase of atmospheric CO2 during the past decades" R Revelle 1957
and a lot more 

Here is a 1958 video about Global Warming 

You should because what if it is real? What if the consequences are serious? 

What if the skeptics have a hidden agenda? 

What if it is not real? What if the consequences are not serious? 

What if the establishment and 97% have a hidden agenda? 

Global warming will become reality when Christ comes. Why do people argue over global warming anyway?

Oh boy.  Another example of when religious dogma becomes a dangerous thing.

Many Mormon, EVs and other "the end of the world is upon us" types ignore scientific evidence that clearly demonstrates there is climate change and that some of it is likely caused by human pollutions.   But since the think the end is nigh they ignore or even thwart it. 

This seems foolish. It is clear that for 20000 year almost every generation of Christians thought the end was near. Even Paul and Jesus taught this as an honest read of the NT reveals.

And LDS leaders even have said the end IS NOT SOON.  Packer said to the youth a few years ago that their grandkids would grow old and raise children before Jesus comes again.

Please be religious if you want but don't let your dogma get in the way of facts and truth.  We need to care for our planet. It is the only one we have.

What if the establishment and 97% have a hidden agenda? 

IF it is not real, and no serious consequences. Then you get better appliances, more fuel efficient cars, trucks, farm equipment, and higher standard of living because you are not spending a longer portion of your income on powering those things.

If we have an hidden agenda. Darn we're so smart that it is one of the best hidden agenda's there ever was.

IF it is not real, and no serious consequences. Then you get better appliances,

In what way? If you pay close attention, you will find the compressors in refrigerators are a lot smaller (in order to reduce the power consumption). Therefore they wear out a lot faster. In fact I have had to replace my stove, washer/dryers, water heater, dish washer, etc much more frequently in the last decade or so. All because of government regulations imposing unwanted restrictions on the manufacturers and constricting the preference of consumers.

more fuel efficient cars, trucks, farm equipment,

The government has mandated installation of subsystems in vehicles to the extent that you have to use a hookup to do computer diagnostics. Ethanol fuel? Some reports indicate that it corrodes some of the components. You probably heard that ethanol is NOT cost effective for the purpose of replacing gasoline and takes away corn from normal uses in agriculture and costing consumers a lot more in food prices.

and higher standard of living because you are not spending a longer portion of your income on powering those things.

Not when you have to replace appliances and equipment a lot more often. Not when performance standards are severely degraded. Not when we have to spend more for fuel, food and car repairs.

If we have an hidden agenda. Darn we're so smart that it is one of the best hidden agenda's there ever was.

True. AGW does have an hidden agenda. It is to degrade the quality of life for the common people and concentrate more power into the hands of the social engineers.

In what way? If you pay close attention, you will find the compressors in refrigerators are a lot smaller (in order to reduce the power consumption). Therefore they wear out a lot faster. In fact I have had to replace my stove, washer/dryers, water heater, dish washer, etc much more frequently in the last decade or so. All because of government regulations imposing unwanted restrictions on the manufacturers and constricting the preference of consumers.

The government has mandated installation of subsystems in vehicles to the extent that you have to use a hookup to do computer diagnostics. Ethanol fuel? Some reports indicate that it corrodes some of the components. You probably heard that ethanol is NOT cost effective for the purpose of replacing gasoline and takes away corn from normal uses in agriculture and costing consumers a lot more in food prices.

Not when you have to replace appliances and equipment a lot more often. Not when performance standards are severely degraded. Not when we have to spend more for fuel, food and car repairs.

True. AGW does have an hidden agenda. It is to degrade the quality of life for the common people and concentrate more power into the hands of the social engineers.

Refrigerator compressors actually last far longer than the old models did. Plus they handle far bigger loads.

SEE http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Refrigerator

The useful life expectancy of modern consumer appliances has increased significantly.

SEE http://www.demesne.info/Home-Maintenance/Appliance-Life-Expectancy.htm

The government has not mandated computer interface. Consumers have because the cost of paying a mechanic to do basic diagnosis far exceeds the cost of the computer interface. Which would you rather do pay my son $90/hr for basic diagnosis or pay him $90/hr to actually fix your car?

I never said that corn produced ethanol fuel is cost effective in the US. For a host of scientific and technological reasons it just isn't  But it is highly economically advantageous to the corn growers in Iowa.

As I have already demonstrated useful life expectancy for consumer appliances has increased, not decreased.

There is no hidden agenda. C02 causing Global Warming has been established since the late 1800's and repeatedly confirmed.

SEE https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JoR4ezwKh5E#t=15

SEE https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5rrk4JNHXdM#t=14

As to the monetary cost.

SEE

Oh boy.  Another example of when religious dogma becomes a dangerous thing.

Many Mormon, EVs and other "the end of the world is upon us" types ignore scientific evidence that clearly demonstrates there is climate change and that some of it is likely caused by human pollutions.   But since the think the end is nigh they ignore or even thwart it. 

This seems foolish. It is clear that for 20000 year almost every generation of Christians thought the end was near. Even Paul and Jesus taught this as an honest read of the NT reveals.

And LDS leaders even have said the end IS NOT SOON.  Packer said to the youth a few years ago that their grandkids would grow old and raise children before Jesus comes again.

Please be religious if you want but don't let your dogma get in the way of facts and truth.  We need to care for our planet. It is the only one we have.

I was making a funny. Sheesh, dont be so serious. Lol.

Do you own and drive a car?

I was making a funny. Sheesh, dont be so serious. Lol.

Do you own and drive a car?

Ok sorry. It is tough to perceive humor in some posts.

Yes I drive a car but it gets really good gas mileage. I am not radical but I am careful and cautious.

Ok sorry. It is tough to perceive humor in some posts.

Yes I drive a car but it gets really good gas mileage. I am not radical but I am careful and cautious.

I am not worried about global temperatures. Im confident we will all fry like li'l chicken nuggets. Hopefully we will get seasoned beforehand so it will smell good when were cooking. Lol

You should because what if it is real? What if the consequences are serious? 

What if the skeptics have a hidden agenda? 

I have other concerns in my life thank you very much.  After all, it's up to me to stop ISIS from taking over the moon.

I am open to that possibility, what about you? What if Global Warming is real? 

Do you have to be 100% certain to be worried? 

Global warming will become reality when Christ comes. Why do people argue over global warming anyway?

because natural climate changes have caused mass extinctions in the past.