Far West Mo Temple Commandment (Or Prophecy) Retracted?

The one that says that the spirit of prophesy is a testimony of Jesus Christ.

maybe you should learn about your own faith teaches about what a prophet does before you presume to tell us what our faith says. Especially when you refuse to honestly discuss the issue.

I am honestly discussing the issue. Your idea is about how those who are given the gift of true prophecy are a testimony to Jesus. I have not brought that up and am not arguing it. I am asking an entirely different question that you are not listening to. How do we know for sure a prophet is a true prophet in the first place? Deuteronomy 18 has an answer. 

Oh, you mean the one that has Deuteronomy 18 in it? The one that says if a prophet calls for something and it doesn't happen then we need not fear him? 

We've been over Deut 18 and why it DOESN'T apply here.

You could at least pick one of the usual debatable Smith prophecies.  This particular argument against the prophet is convincing nobody here.

Is this even a prophecy? I am asserting that it is. The time for work to continue (without ceasing) on the temple was specified down to the year and day. That is a prediction given directly from the Lord, and a therefore a prophecy. I have never seen anywhere in the Bible where God reveals something down to the year and day, and then it did not come to pass (EXCLUDING cases with further clarification/revocation, such as in the case of Jonah and Nineveh). A general statement about how the OT prophets cried repentance, and then it didn't happen is a false comparison. There were never specific dates given that I have seen (show me where I'm wrong with references). Likewise, calling Christ's exhortation to "be perfect" a false prophecy, is not a valid comparison to D&C 115.

There is a difference between prediction and instructions.  D & C 115 is definitely instruction.  

What are you talking about, that was continuing your "dialogue." You refuse to explain why something called for down to the day is somehow not a prediction or a prophecy. 

And you are deliberately obtuse and thus disingenuous.  It was explained in post# 95.  Please read for comprehension.

When I was young and studying he D&C in Church and Seminary..I was taught that this book was of prophecies.  I am amazzed at the insight of others here that have decided it wasn't a prophecy...just round about reasons why some are not fulfilled.  Is this not God;s church?  Where things are conditioned to happen when the Lord thus saith?  

When I was young and studying he D&C in Church and Seminary..I was taught that this book was of prophecies.  I am amazzed at the insight of others here that have decided it wasn't a prophecy...just round about reasons why some are not fulfilled.  Is this not God;s church?  Where things are conditioned to happen when the Lord thus saith?  

The Doctrine and Covenants is a book of Doctrine and of Covenants given by God to the saints of the latter days.  It contains prophecy but not everything in it is prophecy.