Seriously No Politics ×

I Figured It Out ( I Think )

LOSTONE

I think I finally figured out why I am so lost and unfulfilled in my faith and why I can’t find a church that fits me. I am bored and over regulated when I need to be challenged. Da...

All the churches I have gone to do offer me some challenges to grow but at a small and limited level that does not work with me at all. I need more. I crave more. More, more, ((( MORE! )). I don’t actually mind the rules. I can do rules just find, but I don’t want to be a dog on a leash and just lead around in the same circles over and over again. So rules are find, but I need to be challenged to grow in my faith. I find this also to be in the home Bible study groups I have belong to. Hello...! Pasted 1st grade, ready for 2nd grade. The other thing I need is a mentor. Not a sponsor, but a mentor that will assist me in my forward walk. Something I hear churches say they have, but always find out they really don’t have it cause no one wants to do it.

I am still looking for what I want and need, but at least I am making progress in know my wants and needs are ( I think ).

I think I finally figured out why I am so lost and unfulfilled in my faith and why I can’t find a church that fits me. I am bored and over regulated when I need to be challenged. Da...

All the churches I have gone to do offer me some challenges to grow but at a small and limited level that does not work with me at all. I need more. I crave more. More, more, ((( MORE! )). I don’t actually mind the rules. I can do rules just find, but I don’t want to be a dog on a leash and just lead around in the same circles over and over again. So rules are find, but I need to be challenged to grow in my faith. I find this also to be in the home Bible study groups I have belong to. Hello...! Pasted 1st grade, ready for 2nd grade. The other thing I need is a mentor. Not a sponsor, but a mentor that will assist me in my forward walk. Something I hear churches say they have, but always find out they really don’t have it cause no one wants to do it.

I am still looking for what I want and need, but at least I am making progress in know my wants and needs are ( I think ).

http://www.mormon.org/   Your journey has just begun, check out this website, for a wild ride and hopefully a sweet ride. I think the church according to my husband is way beyond all the others, no 1st or 2nd graders here.  I didn't say I share that belief, but it has made it difficult to leave my religion.   

I can't think of anything more challenging than trying to become like our Heavenly Father.

At the risk of sounding harsh your religion sounds very "me-centered" which may be why it is not fulfilling.

I can understand why you would get this wrong impression about my faith ( it's not a religion ), but it is just that, a wrong impression. It is me, myself that is very me-center in trying to get what I want out of life and any faith I belong to. I am not mean or nasty about it, but after a life time of being used and hurt so bad, I am very 'me' centered in knowing what I want and getting it. Anyways...moving on....

I can understand why you would get this wrong impression about my faith ( it's not a religion ), but it is just that, a wrong impression. It is me, myself that is very me-center in trying to get what I want out of life and any faith I belong to. I am not mean or nasty about it, but after a life time of being used and hurt so bad, I am very 'me' centered in knowing what I want and getting it. Anyways...moving on....

I am not talking about the faith you espouse but your approach to it. I know people in many faiths who worship in a very "me-centered" way. I know one guy in the LDS faith there who is there primarily because he thinks God will bless him with wealth. I expect him to either grow or apostasize soon.

I am not talking about the faith you espouse but your approach to it. I know people in many faiths who worship in a very "me-centered" way. I know one guy in the LDS faith there who is there primarily because he thinks God will bless him with wealth. I expect him to either grow or apostasize soon.

Okay, well I am not the smartest person in the jail cell, so forgive me, but I am lost in what you are trying to share with me. So without understanding, I really can’t express any further thoughts on this matter. Sorry.