Seriously No Politics ×

Bishop Didn't Call Back, His Wife Left Him A Message. Should I Just Go Tomorrow?

poptart

Let the Bishop a message last night as he was out trick or treating with his kids.  He hasn't called back yet, debating just going tomorrow.

Kind of nervous, never have been church going.  What should I do?

Also, for anyone who's been following my posts, what should I tell the Bishop when I meet him face to face? 

Let the Bishop a message last night as he was out trick or treating with his kids.  He hasn't called back yet, debating just going tomorrow.

Kind of nervous, never have been church going.  What should I do?

Also, for anyone who's been following my posts, what should I tell the Bishop when I meet him face to face? 

Whatever you tell, be sure it is truthful...

Look up on YouTube "attending a Mormon service made simple". It will give you a good idea of what goes on. The bishop will be busy during much of the 3 hrs of Sunday service and probably won't be able to do much more than say hi and shake hands, but he will likely direct you to his executive secretary to make an appt. (this is standard, everyone makes appointments through him). Hopefully he will be able to see you after church but he might be booked up already. If so, the appointment will likely be made for Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday evening when they are at church for a bishopric meeting.

For more ideas on what attending church will be like, see Mormon.org, they have a lot of material to help people know what to expect there plus you can read up on beliefs and other things if you want. You can even chat with a missionary to learn that way if you'd like. Mormon.org is the site for nonmormons curious about the Church. LDS.org is the site that members use to look up resources they need for teaching and other things. There are several other sites depending on the topic.

http://www.providentliving.org/?lang=eng is a site you might be interested to see how charitable help is taught and services available to help people gain financial stability.

Edited by calmoriah

Look up on YouTube "attending a Mormon service made simple". It will give you a good idea of what goes on. The bishop will be busy during much of the 3 hrs of Sunday service and probably won't be able to do much more than say hi and shake hands, but he will likely direct you to his executive secretary to make an appt. (this is standard, everyone makes appointments through him). Hopefully he will be able to see you after church but he might be booked up already. If so, the appointment will likely be made for Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday evening when they are at church for a bishopric meeting.

For more ideas on what attending church will be like, see Mormon.org, they have a lot of material to help people know what to expect there plus you can read up on beliefs and other things if you want. You can even chat with a missionary to learn that way if you'd like. Mormon.org is the site for nonmormons curious about the Church. LDS.org is the site that members use to look up resources they need for teaching and other things. There are several other sites depending on the topic.

http://www.providentliving.org/?lang=eng is a site you might be interested to see how charitable help is taught and services available to help people gain financial stability.

Dude wow that website is awesome!  If I ever get the space again I want to try having a balcony garden.  I have a bit of a greenthumb and always stashed food away for bad times.  First thing I want to get when I get the cash is a pressure cooker so I can start canning again.

When we were in a small apartment I put a stash of food in the front closet and a board on top for shoes given there wasn't anything in it that required the full height. Done the boxes covered with a nice tablecloth end table routine and stashed under the kids' beds as well (extra plus for that is it blocks toys and dirty clothes being lost under there). Never been able to do the window or balcony garden as never were somewhere that such got enough light. Planning on setting up a little potted herb garden for Mom next year given they are moving into a new apartment close enough for me to help out this month.

When we were in a small apartment I put a stash of food in the front closet and a board on top for shoes given there wasn't anything in it that required the full height. Done the boxes covered with a nice tablecloth end table routine and stashed under the kids' beds as well (extra plus for that is it blocks toys and dirty clothes being lost under there). Never been able to do the window or balcony garden as never were somewhere that such got enough light. Planning on setting up a little potted herb garden for Mom next year given they are moving into a new apartment close enough for me to help out this month.

Ever since the economy really started getting bad mom's greenthumb started paying off and I paid attention.  Now I just need a place of my own to do it, I'm just renting a room now so no place to garden.