Seriously No Politics ×

“ Fare Well Breath ”

LOSTONE

I got board so I wrote this. I write alot. My down time thing to do.

“ Fare Well Breath ”

Upon my day of death,
Who, if any, shall breathe a farewell breath?

My family?
I think not in all honesty.
For love, they held not for me.
Surely if they did,
It was well hid.

But if they do care,
Shall not they shed a tear?
From a willowing eye,
Upon a buffering cheek,
Would it be nothing more than a lie...
In the loving words they speak?

So if not for my family of any kind,
Who there shall I find?
Of a broken heart?
Of my life depart?

A friend?
This I doubt in my end.
For I have no such thing,
For all I love my heart shall sing,
There are to me...
My family.

Be it told,
No one to behold...
Upon my death,
Breathing a farewell breath.

Written by: Christopher **** ~ October 21st, 2014

If you are thinking of suicide, please call your local hotline immediately.

If that is not what you are saying, quit feeling sorry for yourself:  your Heavenly Parents and Savior know you in each moment of your life and they are your biggest cheerleaders.   You matter to Them, even if it is true you matter to no humans.   You can wallow, or your can  reach out for Them and seek to be where They want you to be.  And yes, you can.   They didn't create you to fail.   Go find someone to serve.

Edited again to day since when I read it now, it seemed harsher than what I meant.   I've read some of your other posts that sounded sad or disheartened.  I just wished for you to be somewhere different than the darkness expressed in the poem.

Edited by rpn

If that is not what you are saying, quit feeling sorry for yourself:  your Heavenly Parents and Savior know you in each moment of your life and they are your biggest cheerleaders.   You matter to Them, even if it is true you matter to no humans.   You can wallow, or your can  reach out for Them and seek to be where They want you to be.  And yes, you can.   They didn't create you to fail.   Go find someone to serve.

I think (or I know) that for poets, such writings help us deal with our demons thus freeing us from their grip. Be they real or imagined. Some of my most difficult situations in like were overcome when God blessed me to put it into words. Many of my poems begin in the negative and end in rejoicing. Poets are easily bruised by the world, and the poems we wrote are the "balm of GIlead" to heal us.

Dude, relax okay. I write to relax and it's an outlet I have been blessed with. There is of no death thought or pity in this. It came to me and I wrote it down as I was relaxing. I only shared it as I thought some might be able to relate to it. There is no ill intentions in it or upon me. Sorry you got the wrong impressions. Never crossed my mind anyone would.

I think (or I know) that for poets, such writings help us deal with our demons thus freeing us from their grip. Be they real or imagined. Some of my most difficult situations in like were overcome when God blessed me to put it into words. Many of my poems begin in the negative and end in rejoicing. Poets are easily bruised by the world, and the poems we wrote are the "balm of GIlead" to heal us.

Well said and true.

I got board so I wrote this. I write alot. My down time thing to do.

“ Fare Well Breath ”

Upon my day of death,

Who, if any, shall breathe a farewell breath?

My family?

I think not in all honesty.

For love, they held not for me.

Surely if they did,

It was well hid.

But if they do care,

Shall not they shed a tear?

From a willowing eye,

Upon a buffering cheek,

Would it be nothing more than a lie...

In the loving words they speak?

So if not for my family of any kind,

Who there shall I find?

Of a broken heart?

Of my life depart?

A friend?

This I doubt in my end.

For I have no such thing,

For all I love my heart shall sing,

There are to me...

My family.

Be it told,

No one to behold...

Upon my death,

Breathing a farewell breath.

Written by: Christopher **** ~ October 21st, 2014

I hope this poem was written in the vein Pa Pa provided, and not the one provided by others, but if that is the case please call someone! Just the other day you mentioned being with good friends, and you've been attending church. Just make your friends and your church-your family. Easy for me to say right? Oops, just noticed the latest post by you, spoke to soon. Edited by Tacenda

Dude, relax okay. I write to relax and it's an outlet I have been blessed with. There is of no death thought or pity in this. It came to me and I wrote it down as I was relaxing. I only shared it as I thought some might be able to relate to it. There is no ill intentions in it or upon me. Sorry you got the wrong impressions. Never crossed my mind anyone would.

She is a dude, but a very good lady filled with Christian love for others...it is just concern and I hope I am right about the reason for the poem.

There have been cries for help on this board before... I didn't take that away from your poem. A very touching work by the way.

Family dysfunction is a hard topic. I think it is the source of more faith crises than most other causes combined. A hard thing to bear.

Well expressed.

There have been cries for help on this board before... I didn't take that away from your poem. A very touching work by the way.

Family dysfunction is a hard topic. I think it is the source of more faith crises than most other causes combined. A hard thing to bear.

Well expressed.

Very true. So let me add this, you mentioned you have an adopted child, which suggests she was abandoned once by family. So yours is a high and holy calling, I know my step-father adopted me because my bio-father abandoned his family, even marrying another woman while married to my mother. Leaving us homeless just days before Christmas as he took the house payment money to flee to another State as my mother had found out and he knew she was going to report his crime and have him arrested. So I want you to know, if depressed and your poem is a cry for help...here me now; you have no right to abandon your child again. If you do so she will. Ever trust again. No matter what, you owe her your love, your life and her emotional safety. When one becomes a parent, it is no longer about you, but about your child. Lose your life in his or her service and you will find it and find joy. Be of good cheer, because our Saviour has done it for you.

This was just a poem I wrote. Nothing more. I write as a form of stress release. I do not make cries for help. If I want help or need it, I simply ask for it directly. I don’t side skirt the help issue. I am also not suicidal or have any intentions of doing any harm. That is just not me. I wrote this as it came to me as a stress lease and shared it because I thought others could relate to it. I obviously made a mistake in thinking such things. I won’t make that mistake again. Because of the wrong impressions received, I won’t be posting personal writings like poem or such things again. Thanks for the replies. They some were very unexpected.

This was just a poem I wrote. Nothing more. I write as a form of stress release. I do not make cries for help. If I want help or need it, I simply ask for it directly. I don’t side skirt the help issue. I am also not suicidal or have any intentions of doing any harm. That is just not me. I wrote this as it came to me as a stress lease and shared it because I thought others could relate to it. I obviously made a mistake in thinking such things. I won’t make that mistake again. Because of the wrong impressions received, I won’t be posting personal writings like poem or such things again. Thanks for the replies. They some were very unexpected.

very well, but you must understand our concern when you use the symbol of the cross and choose a screen name of "Lost one". So I will move forward in putting your poem on my poetry blog. :)