Seriously No Politics ×

Hi!

KevinG

I dropped in for a peek and stayed all day.  

This last two years has seen a son in combat, daughters in college, spinal fusion surgery, tooth extraction, new full time employment (yay!), thicker glasses, new callings, two life Scouts, the death of a pet, the adoption of a pet, the death of a car, the adoption of a used car...  and a few other random events.  All before 50.  Life is getting interesting.

And you wonder why I never write...

Its good to see old and new voices on the blog.

How has everyone been?

Fair to middlin'. ;)  I don't doubt that God loves me, so what else truly matters?  That said, is there a thing or two I would change about my current circumstances?  Yes.  I didn't want to be careening toward middle age, still single, unattached, prospectless, and jobless, with my only source of income coming (still!) from those checks my Rich Uncle Barry sends me every month.  To be clear, I'm not complaining; I know things could be far worse.  But if I could change one thing on that "list of four," it would be the last one.

Easier said than done.

Other than that, I have no complaints.  Hope things are mostly well with you and yours.  (Sorry to hear of your health challenges. :huh:)

Unemployment stinks...  but it is not eternal!  If I hadn't gone through a protracted unemployment I wouldn't have a job I love now.  (I like my salary - but love my job).

This last two years has seen a son in combat, daughters in college, spinal fusion surgery, tooth extraction, new full time employment (yay!), thicker glasses, new callings, two life Scouts, the death of a pet, the adoption of a pet, the death of a car, the adoption of a used car...  and a few other random events.  All before 50.  Life is getting interesting.

How has everyone been?

No wonder, you has or have enough in your like. I had another back surgery later this week, but was put in hospital Sunday night, diagnosed with pneumonia. Got home tonight, but must finish antibiotics and wait for another week. Get new chest X-Ray. When the wife got me to the hospital my fever was104.1...I was having visions; none heavenly :)

Hi, KevinG, it's nice to meet you. I've been enjoying reading your posts.

How has everyone been?

Kevin G., I can't remember why you would remember me, nor why I would remember you. But I DO remember your dog (avatar). Probably gone away now. Sorry. Since you have been here, I have had a second back surgery (neck, cervical?) and a kidney stone at the same time. I hope you enjoy your 50's! Its only the body that's falling apart. We are wiser than ever! However it goes...hang around. You'll keep loving and worrying more than ever about the kids...they never stop being ":the babies".

Good to see you back...and your old puppy too.

Edited by 3DOP

I remember you 3DOP

Sadly Sasha is no longer with us, but I adopted a hyper little stumpy tail Australian Cattle Dog to keep me company during my convalescence. He's a good loving pup. I still miss my Sasha though.