Seriously No Politics ×

Life Is Fun

cursor

Going to the park and  swinging in the moonlight next to the pond with a lighted fountain....(until the cops roust me.. blech)

pssst...don't tell anyone.

and laughing at my dog when he skids out on the hardwood floor trying to make the turn into the kitchen to go outside and play.

and listening to the beautiful voices of some of the singers I enjoy.

smiling at someone that wasn't expecting it...

I'm the proverbial Old Woman who lives with her cat... and what a cat I have!!  Many have read my posts about "Bob" and how beautiful, smart, and funny he is... I really don't know how I lucked out to find him... I had had a wonderful cat named "Charlie" for about 9 years when a sudden illness took him... I waited about 3 months and then went to the shelter to see if they still had this beautiful black/white cat they had featured on their website... I wanted a cat that looked completely different than Charlie...

Well, the cat  was available, so I went and got him and brought him home... he proceeded to hide under the bed for two weeks... I'd lay on the floor and reach my hand out to pet him... I knew he really did want to come out, but he was too afraid... finally, he inched his way out and I was able to pet him.  Little by little he began to trust me... he wanted so much to do so I know... finally he submitted... and the rest is history...

Bob is huge... weighs 20 lbs... not just fat but big... and is a loving, gentle boy who is sooo smart and understands words and phrases... totally rules our cottage by the sea... Unlike Charlie, Bob is strictly indoor so that has made us even closer as companions.  He is vocal and communicates with actions and meows... I'd better quit... I could talk about him till it makes your eyes glaze over... he brings me joy... 

from the beach on a rainy, blustery day... GG

Service

Ice Cream

Wiener dogs

Long hikes ending on top of something (by long, I mean several days, though several hours will do in a pinch)

Snuggling with my spouse

A nice nap

A really good testimony meeting

Subset of hiking: Snowshoeing.

My vegetable garden

BYU football and basketball.

This list is not all inclusive

Edited by Buzzard

That video was Epic!!!

Edited by Silhouette

I'm the proverbial Old Woman who lives with her cat... and what a cat I have!! Many have read my posts about "Bob" and how beautiful, smart, and funny he is... I really don't know how I lucked out to find him... I had had a wonderful cat named "Charlie" for about 9 years when a sudden illness took him... I waited about 3 months and then went to the shelter to see if they still had this beautiful black/white cat they had featured on their website... I wanted a cat that looked completely different than Charlie...

Well, the cat was available, so I went and got him and brought him home... he proceeded to hide under the bed for two weeks... I'd lay on the floor and reach my hand out to pet him... I knew he really did want to come out, but he was too afraid... finally, he inched his way out and I was able to pet him. Little by little he began to trust me... he wanted so much to do so I know... finally he submitted... and the rest is history...

Bob is huge... weighs 20 lbs... not just fat but big... and is a loving, gentle boy who is sooo smart and understands words and phrases... totally rules our cottage by the sea... Unlike Charlie, Bob is strictly indoor so that has made us even closer as companions. He is vocal and communicates with actions and meows... I'd better quit... I could talk about him till it makes your eyes glaze over... he brings me joy...

from the beach on a rainy, blustery day... GG

I understand about the joy cats can bring us. I have 6 of them. I've had a cat or cats in my household ever since I was 12 years old. I'm 53 now.

I understand about the joy cats can bring us. I have 6 of them. I've had a cat or cats in my household ever since I was 12 years old. I'm 53 now.

Similar story here, Silhouette. Gotta love those fur-balls. I have one camped out on my desk, between my keyboard and my monitor right now. Looks like he's asleep, but his tail is still playin' games.

Similar story here, Silhouette. Gotta love those fur-balls. I have one camped out on my desk, between my keyboard and my monitor right now. Looks like he's asleep, but his tail is still playin' games.

My husband works at home and has an entire office set up where he works at the computer all day. Invariably, one cat or another always parks itself between him and the computer screen, often blocking the screen and wreaking havoc trying to play on the keyboard. One in particular likes to stretch herself out on the back of his chair and play with his long hair while he's trying to work. It's annoying for him, but a riot to watch.

My husband works at home and has an entire office set up where he works at the computer all day. Invariably, one cat or another always parks itself between him and the computer screen, often blocking the screen and wreaking havoc trying to play on the keyboard. One in particular likes to stretch herself out on the back of his chair and play with his long hair while he's trying to work. It's annoying for him, but a riot to watch.

Why do they do that... Bob is here between the keyboard and screen right now!!  Loves to stretch out and I'm trying to type around him... he's purring like a buzz saw, and his tail is flicking continually.  What's funny, when I'm finished I close down the monitor to the desktop (blue screen) and then I move the white cursor (which he loves to try and get when I'm working) quickly across the screen to the margin and out of sight... and he knows that means I'm through and he gets up and jumps down and runs in front of me out to the den...

Another thing he does, for some reason he doesn't like me to talk on the phone... and no matter where he is in the house when he hears me on the phone he comes running and meows almost continually, jumping up on the table or the bed, etc.,  He'll settle down somewhat... when I'm talking to my sister we have a funny way of saying goodbye and he recognizes when I'm about to end the conversation, and again he jumps up and waits for me to hang up the phone...  He is something else!

GG

Going on a field trip to see a play with my daughter and 160 other high school freshman.  It was a very nice time, I got to see many of her class mates I haven't seen since grade school.  It was nice to see the same courtesy and friendliness toward me that I experienced when they were in grade school.  Cliqueishness was minimal and the kids were as courteous to the many people who served them, saying hello and thank you to the bus driver, lot attendants and theater support staff.  The play was held in a storied theater in our neighboring big city, I'd never been there so that was a nice experience too. The moment the play began I liked the "alley" theater, I felt more involved in the play due to the set up .  After the play was over there was a 35-40 minute discussion session, the first part was students reaction to the play and how they could relate the events to their lives.  The next part the actors came back and the kids could ask them what they took away from the play and how they related it to their own lives.  The responses from the kids showed a lot of depth for 14-15 year old kids, I see a lot of good in them.  The last part the kids could ask the actors any questions they liked.   It was obvious that some of the kids were involved in theater, one question was about putting on a play in an alley.  They explained the difficulties involved, if the audience is directly in front of you they are also directly behind you so the staging is different, also those on the main floor were right there on the set, they were asked to keep their feet and belongings tucked under their seats.  It's also nice that now there are so many school associated internet options for kids and teachers to keep discussion going.  My daughters teacher asked the kids to express more of their thoughts on the play, and she showed me her comments, and of course the comments from other kids in her class were there too, they are a thoughtful group of kids.  Over all, it was fun, interesting, and uplifting.

There are lots of fun things in life. Death is the best one because it means the real fun can begin.

Is this in reference to your quote, "We enter this world naked, screaming, and covered in blood...the fun doesn't have to end there..." ???

Sometimes the thrill and excitement of the first time you ride a roller coaster is enough and the thrill cannot be replicated....mind if I just sit with Calmoriah and watch while you ride?  lol  I owe her a coconut ice cream cone anyway....

wb

Thunderstorms

The smell in the air right before and after a good lighting/rain storm

The crunchiness leave make when you walk on them in the fall

Plane rides

The absolute terrifying thrill of the first drop on a rollercoaster

Christmas trees lit up at night

A good fire in the fireplace

Your kid trying to figure out how the lights go when you turn them on or off

Chopping firewood

Being scared (in a fun, laughing because you can't run type of way)

Star gazing

Watching the sun set and rise from above the clouds

Family

Watching the Walking Dead...and then plan escape routes with your sister

Seriously Honestly, your "good fire in the fireplace" reminds me of a Christmas day when I was younger and got a new bike (kind of a funny looking brown ten speed that looked European, but it worked) and riding down a snow packed road with the sun in my face and coming home to the smell of my Dad's fire from his beloved Ben Franklin wood stove!

Seriously Honestly, your "good fire in the fireplace" reminds me of a Christmas day when I was younger and got a new bike (kind of a funny looking brown ten speed that looked European, but it worked) and riding down a snow packed road with the sun in my face and coming home to the smell of my Dad's fire from his beloved Ben Franklin wood stove!

I love those kind of memories :)  Small, simple things that hold the most significance

I have this Christmas candle that smells like frost, and cold snowy nights, and somehow like warmth...kind of like when you're watching the snow fall from your bedroom window late at night.  To this day that candle reminds me of when my sister and I woke up early on Christmas morning and snuck out of our room to peak at what was under the tree. Our parents wouldn't let us out of our rooms until they had the camera ready to catch our reactions, so the two of us had to act like it was the first time we were seeing everything, which wasn't too hard; we were still pretty excited :)