Seriously No Politics ×

The Mormon Cipher

Alvie J

PREFACE.

══ 

To The Reader―
Thousands of psychologists the world over will all commonly agree that the COCAINEAMMONIA encryption will go a long ways in explaining the behaviors and spiritual manifestations of early Mormon writers. I have heard a number of different theories, psychological diagnosis and psychoanalytical rhetoric by noted psychologist in regards to claims by early Mormon writers from spiritual visitations to delusions of persecution (not to mention the psycho sexual dysfunctions brought on by the introduction of polygamy by leaders of the early Mormon sect) all common side effects resulting from the usage of these ritualistic substances. The scholarly Historian will likewise authenticate and validate the uses of spiritual bridging agents throughout history. They will also comment of the ancient maritime navigation wherein sects and societies alike utilized the same mathematical system of navigation wherein the Circle and the Square is involved. The scholarly mathematician and the logician will also apply their magic in calculating the odds of numerical and alphabetical probability within these ciphers. As I utilized the same exact logic throughout this the whole of this paper. Therefore, mathematically speaking, we can convert odds to probability. Then of course we will have the cryptologist, men who spend their lifetimes braking old encryption and pondering over strange works left behind by the ancients. These men will be the first to see that which is so plain to see.
And here I will note, to the men who love solving abstract riddles in the form of cryptic text, this paper will delight you to know ends.  Also, it is noted that the whole of the system is not covered within this abridged paper, as it would only stand to confuse rather than enlighten. And it was the hopes of the writer to simplify the system so that the layman could grasp and understand the more essayer understood sections of the book as a whole.

As for all the aforementioned scholars, with their large books and technical papers written with cumbersome mathematical probability calculations and their vernacular language that tend to only confuse the layman to whom this paper is intended. The
Hoi polloi
(a scholarly word for the masses) will benefit little from this form of gobbledygook as these books and papers tend to be not only hard to read but just as hard to comprehend as a whole.
Therefore I have attempted to write that which cannot be written…
 Within this paper I have attempted to simplify the system as best I could for the typical working man and or woman who might be interested in this type of study. It has taken me years and many attempts to learn how to convey the abstract in the concrete from.
If understanding is sought, let the book be its own interpreter…

As for all the aforementioned scholars, with their large books and technical papers written with cumbersome mathematical probability calculations and their vernacular language that tend to only confuse the layman to whom this paper is intended. The
Hoi polloi
(a scholarly word for the masses) will benefit little from this form of gobbledygook as these books and papers tend to be not only hard to read but just as hard to comprehend as a whole.
 Within this paper I have attempted to simplify the system as best I could for the typical working man and or woman who might be interested in this type of study. It has taken me years and many attempts to learn how to convey the abstract in the concrete from.
If understanding is sought, let the book be its own interpreter…
 I have heard a number of different theories, psychological diagnosis and psychoanalytical rhetoric by noted psychologist in regards to claims by early Mormon writers….all common side effects resulting from the usage of these ritualistic substances.

Call for references.  

I do not see in your paper any footnotes indicating who the noted psychologist or psychologists (it would appear from the rest of the sentence about different theories you mean more than one) who make this claim of usage.

Call for references.  

I do not see in your paper any footnotes indicating who the noted psychologist or psychologists (it would appear from the rest of the sentence about different theories you mean more than one) who make this claim of usage.

Don't play with The Troll, Cal! ;):D

P.S.:  Well, I was skeptical, but s/he pointed us to a .edu domain site!  That settles it for me!  Q.E.D.!

Will the last person to leave the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints please turn out the lights? :huh::unsure:

Thanks!  It's been real, it's been fun ...

Edited by Kenngo1969

You can say that again, Brother/Sister! :o

P.S.: Alvie J, has your work been peer reviewed yet?  Do you have a faculty adviser?  (If the answer to the latter question is "Yes," we probably have a few suggestions for him/her.)

Edited by Kenngo1969

The method of posting the OP reminds me of my attempt to write a 10 page paper using just 100 words. :crazy:

WordPerfect used to have a "Make It Fit" feature.  Users could tell it how many pages their document had to be and the software would automatically format the document to meet the specified number of pages.  Perhaps that's how Alvie J composed his paper? ;)

Can I use this paper as an example of the Dunning-Kruger effect?

I learned something from this thread.  That was totally unexpected.  I doff my chapeau to you, Sir! ;):hi: 

Doin' a quick skim of your actual paper, Alvie J.  Where's Kirkland?

P.S.: Is this like a Bible Code type deal?  Is that your theory?

Edited by Kenngo1969

Call for references.  

The paper is a rough-draft and abridgment of a much larger work.  Thank you for your input, I will try to add footnotes to my next draft.

You can say that again, Brother/Sister! :o

P.S.: Alvie J, has your work been peer reviewed yet?  Do you have a faculty adviser?  (If the answer to the latter question is "Yes," we probably have a few suggestions for him/her.)

Yes and no, most of my peer reviews come in the form of people like you who add comments that I take to heart and try to incorporate into the paper.  Some have very keen insight into the different aspects of the paper.

I might add that most of my peer reviews come from the Mormon Family who actually study things of this nature, after all, they are the most versed in this topic and tend to be of the most help.

Yes and no, most of my peer reviews

The method of posting the OP reminds me of my attempt to write a 10 page paper using just 100 words. :crazy:

Sorry about that.

Actually, I was trying to post the PREFACE of the paper as to give the readers an inkling as to what the paper was about when it all of a sudden posted.  I was unable to find an editing function on the page to edit the post so unfortunately in looks and reads quite atrocious to say the least.

Can I use this paper as an example of the Dunning-Kruger effect?

This is my favorite peer review to date, as it holds the most academic value.  They usually comment on the movie “A Beautiful Mind”, to which I am always amused.  Being a controversial writer one learns how not to be offended, once this is achieved you begin to see the diversity in readership. 

Did anyone actually read the entire first post? The weirdness plus the horrible spacing I am seeing lead me to call it quits around what I think is the second paragraph.

Actually, I was trying to post the PREFACE of the paper as to give the readers an inkling as to what the paper was about when it all of a sudden posted.  I was unable to find an editing function on the page to edit the post so unfortunately in looks and reads quite atrocious to say the least.

Sorry about that.

Doin' a quick skim of your actual paper, Alvie J.  Where's Kirkland?

P.S.: Is this like a Bible Code type deal?  Is that your theory?

Actually not.  I started this paper at the University some years ago.  I was just trying to make since out of all of those strange and colorful names.

I had been working with C. G. Jung and his works on Alchemy for some time.  One thing I learned while studding is that a lot of alchemist  hide stuff within names.  That’s what started this project, that and years of hermetic study.  They write everything in cipher, well, anything of any value anyways.  The better you get the more “keys” they give you.

It’s all esoteric in nature. 

Keep studying and who knows what you will learn…

Well he posted and left so it looks like a bit of self advertising...I would never have guessed. ;)

Sorry, I hardly ever reply to post as it often take a great deal of time to reply to everyone’s comments.  I did so this time due to the fact that the post went dreadfully astray when I was unable to find the editing function on the page.  So I thought that I had better reply to some of the different comments. 

Thanks for your post and participation.

It is a rule on this board that if you start threads, you have to intend to participate…fyi.  Otherwise your threads will be deleted or locked as soon as it is noticed you aren't hanging around but just advertising for something else.

Not a moderator, but have seen them in action...

I think I understand...

I can take the letters ALVIEJ and apply an A=1, B=2 transformation to them:
you get

1 12 22 9 5 10

Lets divide 112229510 by pi and you get

We can then add the parts before and after the decimal

------------

reversing the A=1 transform, you get
HGHCFDCE

We can obviously remove F&E as 6 is then number of the devil, and e is the natural logarithm

We are left with HGH CDC

HGH is Human Growth Hormone and CDC the Center for Disease Control which is currently fighting Ebola

What we can conclude from this is that God wants the CDC to start using Human Growth Hormone in the fight against Ebola.

Edited by Whiskeypete