Seriously No Politics ×

Has Anybody Had An Experience Casting Out An Evil Spirit?

Having been on the board for a couple of years, I like to invite people to share ghost stories in October. I thought I would make it more specific and ask if anyone on the board has had a paranormal experience where they confronted and defeated evil. I ask not to sensationalize, but because for me talking about this is actually an uplifting experience for me.

I could start with a story a coworker told me a while ago. It wasn't too detailed but he said they were visiting a family on his mission. Apparently the son was acting agitated, and all of a sudden his eyes began glowing red. Somehow they were able to calm him down and he was given a blessing. He immediately changed, and said during the blessing he felt something leave his body. That's my story, I'd love to hear some others.

Yes, several times, but I have no clue how to share such experiences via this medium without it turning into sensationalising.

well I wouldn't want you to feel like you were casting pearls before swine, I would believe you, and would be interested to hear your experience.

well I wouldn't want you to feel like you were casting pearls before swine, I would believe you, and would be interested to hear your experience.

Not wanting to sensationalize is not worrying about pearls before swine. If I describe my experiences in this matter for example they sound more impressive and more exciting then they were. Devils are boring creatures with minds of gritty yuckiness. They are banal. Talking about casting out a devil makes it sound much more interesting then it was.

I have learned a bit from the experiences I have had but I would take a light touch of the Holy Ghost over them any day. 

Not wanting to sensationalize is not worrying about pearls before swine. If I describe my experiences in this matter for example they sound more impressive and more exciting then they were. Devils are boring creatures with minds of gritty yuckiness. They are banal. Talking about casting out a devil makes it sound much more interesting then it was.

I have learned a bit from the experiences I have had but I would take a light touch of the Holy Ghost over them any day. 

x2

... Devils are boring creatures with minds of gritty yuckiness. They are banal. ...

Sig-line worthy.  May I? :D

Well of course it might actually be possible someone else would read this, odd as that idea is.

Put me on the list of non-responders who have had experiences.  This is real stuff.

Thanks for all the responses so far. I guess one thing I was wondering about is how the LDS experience of casting out evil would be compared to say the Pentecostal or Catholic experience. It seems the LDS experience is less dramatic and more practical.

Edited by boblloyd91

I felt like I was possessed by an evil spirit my one time trying marijuana and having it cause me psychosis and thinking I died and went to hell. That demonic possession of my body and mind lasted 8 hours until I finally came down in the hospital bed. First I thought I died and was Jesus, then I thought the EMTs that came were my spirit children that I was meeting beyond the veil and then when I was strapped down to the hospital bed I thought I was in spirit prison. It was a scary experience and I've been traumatized since needing a medication just to get me to sleep at night because I'm afraid of the process of the mind going from awake to sleep and I'm afraid of what I'm going to dream about. I had a priesthood blessing from my Bishop afterwards and I could feel peace and my worry go away kind of like him casting out the evil that had possessed me and stayed with me for a month.

I won't give a ton of detail. I will say this I had a dream once where I knew, as a priesthood holder, that I had to cast a demon out that was tormenting some people. When I attempted to do, my plan backfired. I immediately woke up (it was middle of the night), and I felt certain I wasn't alone in my room. I freely admit that it could have all been in my mind, but it is an experience unlike any other (I actually like the feeling of fear, as crazy as that sounds, but this wasn't fear it was more like...nausea).

Thanks for all the responses so far. I guess one thing I was wondering about is how the LDS experience of casting out evil would be compared to say the Pentecostal or Catholic experience. It seems the LDS experience is less dramatic and more practical.

It is more of a "get out" with the power of the Priesthood behind it.

I won't give a ton of detail. I will say this I had a dream once where I knew, as a priesthood holder, that I had to cast a demon out that was tormenting some people. When I attempted to do, my plan backfired. I immediately woke up (it was middle of the night), and I felt certain I wasn't alone in my room. I freely admit that it could have all been in my mind, but it is an experience unlike any other (I actually like the feeling of fear, as crazy as that sounds, but this wasn't fear it was more like...nausea).

I can back this up some. It is a kind of fear but more of a projected one. I hypothesize (and I want to be clear how theoretical this is) that they are afraid and you feel it but there's nothing human about the fear if that makes any sense. Their minds are bereft of any humanity or common ground. I felt unclean and gross. The one time I was attacked I remember a paranoia, a fear of everyone and everything that they would take everything I have including me combined with a sensation of another alien presence. I suspect that they live (or perhaps only exist) in a state of fear waiting to be cast down yet again.

The only pleasure I felt was of a black and twisted kind. I'd only experienced it before in some of my most debased and horrific dreams including one where I became the AntiChrist. C.S. Lewis describes something like it when talking about his conception of hell:

"(talking about hell)even if it contained no pain and much pleasure, that black pleasure would be such as to send any soul, not already damned, flying to its prayers in nightmare terror"

It is more of a "get out" with the power of the Priesthood behind it.

This.

I had a home teaching companion a few years ago who was a young, new convert, and he was keen for some 'demon-busting action'. I told him he was going to be disappointed because it's nothing like the movies where the evil spirits actually fight back.

Having been on the board for a couple of years, I like to invite people to share ghost stories in October. I thought I would make it more specific and ask if anyone on the board has had a paranormal experience where they confronted and defeated evil. I ask not to sensationalize, but because for me talking about this is actually an uplifting experience for me.

I could start with a story a coworker told me a while ago. It wasn't too detailed but he said they were visiting a family on his mission. Apparently the son was acting agitated, and all of a sudden his eyes began glowing red. Somehow they were able to calm him down and he was given a blessing. He immediately changed, and said during the blessing he felt something leave his body. That's my story, I'd love to hear some others.

Exorcism was used on me a couple times. I didn't feel a thing.

Exorcism was used on me a couple times. I didn't feel a thing.

Well as my Mission President told us when there was a rash of evil spirit activity in the mission (mostly due to upcoming temple I suspect) make sure when you do an exorcism that there is more then one evil spirit in there. Sometimes the first occupant is just evil and casting them out will only kill them if God lets it work.

I joke....... :)

Well as my Mission President told us when there was a rash of evil spirit activity in the mission (mostly due to upcoming temple I suspect) make sure when you do an exorcism that there is more then one evil spirit in there. Sometimes the first occupant is just evil and casting them out will only kill them if God lets it work.

:diablo:  LOL

:diablo:  LOL

Perhaps you should add a few more little red devils to fully follow Nehor's advice???

LOL I've never actually seen daemon possession, and I am not sure I believe in it. Most of the time when things go wrong, it is just stupidity or bad people. The shaitun does not have to work too hard with humans. "We are prone to wander".

Oh there is evil in the world, no doubt about it. But people usually do that work for the shaitun. The people that thought I was possessed, were just knuckle heads. They can only hurt you if you let them.

Let's see, when we bear testimony of the Holy Ghost, it invites Him to be with us.

So when we bear testimony of evil spirits, it invites....

Oh never mind.