Seriously No Politics ×

Was It Chance? Coincidence? Not To Me!!

I have told Steve that he surely knows that I do not believe it is by chance or coincidence that I have been put in his life path... particularly in consideration of the MaudieB post... and both of our prayers...

We are sharing family history... and yesterday I mailed him a packet of family information that I have... and we are enjoying a wonderful friendship...

To me, this is not by chance... not by coincidence...

Amen. I'm not a great believer in coincidence. Too many experiences like this to deny the guiding hand of God in our lives.

Thanks for sharing.

She messaged me.  I rarely, rarely respond to private messages.  But I did.

She wanted to email.  I never give my real email out.  But felt something saying I should.

She was so disappointed when she though I was trying to nicely leave.  So, I told her I would phone.  I NEVER give my phone number out.

She asked about how I became LDS.  I told her.  I casually mentioned I had a relative who at least used to be the LDS Historia:  Dean Jessee.  There was a pause.  'You are related to Dean Jessee?"  

So...the person I was drawn to over the last few months is my cousin.  I still can't get over it.

That's so awesome!  :D 

Kudos to both of you!  (Garden Girl, you are a gem! :))

Steve,

I don't know if I can give you any satisfactory answers to your questions, but remember what the Savior told the father who asked Christ to cast the evil spirit out of his son: "If thou canst believe, all things are possible to him that believeth," and what the man said in response: "Lord, I believe; help thou mine unbelief."  See Mark 9.  See also Elder Jeffrey R. Holland's April 2013 General Conference address that takes that scripture as its text: https://www.lds.org/general-conference/2013/04/lord-i-believe?lang=eng.  Also remember what Alma told the poor Zoramites: "If ye can no more than desire to believe, let this desire work in you . . ." (Alma 32:27).

Best to you, sir. :) 

The hand of divine providence is usually seen by skeptics as mere coincidence. But it's not.

Indeed. :)

She messaged me.  I rarely, rarely respond to private messages.  But I did.

She wanted to email.  I never give my real email out.  But felt something saying I should.

She was so disappointed when she though I was trying to nicely leave.  So, I told her I would phone.  I NEVER give my phone number out.

She asked about how I became LDS.  I told her.  I casually mentioned I had a relative who at least used to be the LDS Historia:  Dean Jessee.  There was a pause.  'You are related to Dean Jessee?"  

So...the person I was drawn to over the last few months is my cousin.  I still can't get over it.

The promise "the hearts of the children shall turn to the fathers" and vice versa is a POWERFUL thing. Mysterious. We would know very little about the meaning of that promise had it not been revealed to the Prophet Joseph Smith.

Could it be, that a mutual ancestor is helping to fulfill this powerful promise? Makes the heart wonder.

Edited by lvjd66

I am currently "celebrating" my 30 anniversary of my mission.  I am reading my journal and remembering what I did as a missionary.  My cousin (I love saying that) has been a sounding board for my memories.  

Additionally, I "found" her at a critical tome in my life.  My incredible wife and best friend took a job in a different state for 2-3 years.  We hated it...but it was take the job or leave the company she has been with almost 20 years.  So, I have struggled with her being gone.  My cousin has been there to talk to.

God has blessed me indeed.  I would be lying to say that this is just coincidence.  How it happened, the timing of WHEN it happened.....

But does it mean something?

I know it means God loves me.  But does it mean anything more?  It does not help with my basic questions.......

But Garden Girl is an incredibly patient and comforting soul.  And, as I discovered....she is family.

I marvel at that.