Seriously No Politics ×

Billed as the successor to the classic

and coming this December, I'm sure we will all be very interested to see how this compares, how well it matches the Biblical account and our own imaginations of how things happened. Not to mention the fact that there is little or no archeological or historical evidence outside the Bible that Moses was an historical figure.

I also found the recent
to be a reasonably interesting take. Often, one has to watch these with the understanding that the people who made them and the general audience don't have as great an understanding of the subjects as we do and/or are more interested in the movie going experience than accuracy and/or prefer their own take.

Feel free to also make this a thread about other movies depicting Biblical events.

Cal, I'm not sure why black, but that's what all the critics on the board are asking for or maybe a cast of color.

People want to see a more colorful cast because Egypt is in Africa. However Egyptian people tend at least today to resemble Mediterranean people and not so much sub-Saharan African population. Definitely not European though. Just from that little trailer I thought Christian Bale was really the only completely European looking person in the cast. Everyone else looked pretty appropriate.

Gun Kata is a form of gun play that involves martial arts, also known as gun fu.

Bale's character in Equilibrium a few years ago was a master of such....though I find it so unlikely in the clips I saw that he n,ever got shot himself. Was his clothing bullet proof by chance? He was somewhat a religious priest in that movie as well, challenging the mortal ruler who had made himself into a God if I read the storyline correctly and bringing the slaves to a new promised land (though they didn't actually go anywhere, he just wiped out the government who controlled them and the drugs that made them slaves).

I am imagining now instead of a nice confrontation between the serpents of Pharoah's priests and Aaron's staff, there will be a scene where there is just a massive gun fight in the court where Aaron and Moses prove their God is superior by walking away without a scratch.

If Noah can have giant rock creatures, why not Moses being great at gun kata?

.................................................................................................   

.................................................the fact that there is little or no archeological or historical evidence outside the Bible that Moses was an historical figure.

.................................................................................................   

Not so sure how factual that assumption is.  My examination of the issue is online at https://www.scribd.com/doc/51104640/Moses-Our-Teacher-Moshe-Rabbenu .

Learn something new today, thanks...unfortunately ignorance spoiled the humour. Next time though I will be able to enjoy it. :)

Yeah I was quite nebulous there. I do like Bale. I like most of his movies. I should like this. It should be good. It looks promising.

• 3 weeks later...

It’s Hollywood. There is going to be some intentional falsities in the movie base on creating a movie more suited for drawing in more movie goers. It’s how Hollywood works and they have done just that countless of times. I do not believe this movie correctly portrays the truth, but rather portrays incorrect aspects based on greed of profits from increase movie viewers. For this reason, I am very selective to what Biblical movies and shows I watch and more so, how much I believe in what they are showing as true versus Hollywood fiction.

Loved Equilibrium. But I like that type of movie where an oppressed people are set free by one man. It's the Savior theme played in many movies.

It seems to be a lesser known movie. I never heard of it until about 4 years ago. I saw it on TV. I really really liked it.

Archived