Polygamist Leader Of The Aub Passes Away

JLHPROF

AUB is the second largest polygynous offshoot of the LDS Church.  The largest is the Fundamentalist Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.

The AUB are also less isolationary than the FLDS and other groups.  They are well integrated in society and mostly unrecognizable on the street.

I can never understand these churches who claim we have abandoned the original revelationS to Joseph smith when the one he received on section 115 is clear that the name of the Lords Church is the church of Jesus Christ of latter day saints.

kind of important isn't it?

with that said I am sad to hear of his passing. I hope all is well with him on the other side.

I can never understand these churches who claim we have abandoned the original revelationS to Joseph smith when the one he received on section 115 is clear that the name of the Lords Church is the church of Jesus Christ of latter day saints.

kind of important isn't it?

with that said I am sad to hear of his passing. I hope all is well with him on the other side.

It is important to understand the AUB position regarding their organization's position in relation the the LDS Church...

They believe the LDS Church is still the church organized and authorized by the LORD to engage in missionary work and perform Temple ordinances.

They believe they are there to keep alive the practice of plural marriage, and that their Priesthood is authorized to do that because of a meeting in 1886 where John Taylor supposedly set aside men to continue the practice and see that not a year went by that a child was not born into the covenant.

It is important to understand the AUB position regarding their organization's position in relation the the LDS Church...

They believe the LDS Church is still the church organized and authorized by the LORD to engage in missionary work and perform Temple ordinances.

They believe they are there to keep alive the practice of plural marriage, and that their Priesthood is authorized to do that because of a meeting in 1886 where John Taylor supposedly set aside men to continue the practice and see that not a year went by that a child was not born into the covenant.

Yeah, basically they make a distinction between the Priesthood Leader of the Church who they accept is still our prophet and the person who is President of the High Priesthood which they usually take to themselves.

Yeah, basically they make a distinction between the Priesthood Leader of the Church who they accept is still our prophet and the person who is President of the High Priesthood which they usually take to themselves.

There are some interesting points in Church History to back up this division of Priesthood Head and Church President.

Of course, in the Church no distinction has been made since the days of Lorenzo Snow.

Archived