Stand up, Stand up

Shout, Shout
Shout it out, Shout it out
Shout, Shout

Jesus forevermore!
Jesus for sure!

Written by: Christopher **** ~ August 20th, 2014

• 2 weeks later...

From an underrated crooner/singer...Steve Lawrence doesn't get the credit he should just as a pure singer. He is more than a poor man's Frank Sinatra. He is better than Andy Williams on Andy's best day and I like Andy. What a smooth strong voice. Great lyrics here. Listen to the band cook and work perfectly with his range and power. Frank had money and influence and his overall music package stayed great...for almost half a century. But he smoked away his voice. He depended on interpretation and just plain charisma much of the way. Steve Lawrence was really good. From a guy who liked Hendrix, The Who, and the Rolling Stones too, just listen. You can't not like this!

some pretty cool finger snapping too...

Edited by 3DOP

Sorry for the shameless way I stole your thread LOSTONE. I got carried away. I remain so. I'll stop if you want. No offense intended. I wanted a music thread without starting one.

I love the Chairman of the Board. Nobody is Frank Sinatra. But if you listen to Steve Lawrence, and compare it to this...for that one moment...Frank met his equal and then some. Compare:

Vaughn Monroe does it too. Follow the link. Cole Porter and Johnny Mercer dominated the era. Great songs from both. This one is courtesy of Cole Porter.

Okay...one more...Johnny Mercer is being pretty sarcastic...He sings with the Pied Pipers. Jo Stafford was the queen of the Pipers. What a voice. Wink Martindale was talking one morning probably in the late 90's about how she just loved singing. But the rock thing came and songs like this, even if they were smart and sassy, they just didn't go with the young folk. I'll quit with one from Jo alone, for my buddy stoneholm!

Edited by 3DOP