Seriously No Politics ×

Why Do We Struggle Giving God Control...?

LOSTONE

Perhaps the reason many of us have a struggle with letting go and allowing God to be in control is simply because we have been condition in thought from birth to be mature in our acceptance of responsibility and accountable in our life and not in faith of God at our own birth.

We are taught from the time we are born to be dependent on our parents, family, teachers, authorities, and so on. As we have grown up, we are then conditions in thought by the same people ( society ) to transition that dependency onto ourselves in a ever increasing level of mature acceptance of self responsibility and accountability. Sad really.

Imagine if we were taught from birth to have faith in God above all. Perhaps then we would no longer have any struggles to allowing God to be in control instead of ourselves. Image what our life would be then.... 8)

I was taught that by my parents from birth. It helped but it did not end the struggle. I don't think there are any cultural, political, or social circumstances we can create that will remove trials and struggles from living the gospel. I expect God planned it this way.

Dependence on God is not mutually exclusive from self-reliance. Brigham Young and others have commented that people cannot be exalted if they need to be led by their leaders in every part of their life and God instructs us to do good of our own volition without his command.

@ The Nehor,

You gave a great and wounderfully insightful reply that has made me stop and think. Really good reply.

However, please don't take this part as an insult cause it's not meant that way. I see you have 'Death, Destoryer of Worlds' above your avatar. For me, being in the Christian faith, it's a little unsellting to see that from another believer. Just sharing what I have notice and not intended as an insult.

@ The Nehor,

You gave a great and wounderfully insightful reply that has made me stop and think. Really good reply.

However, please don't take this part as an insult cause it's not meant that way. I see you have 'Death, Destoryer of Worlds' above your avatar. For me, being in the Christian faith, it's a little unsellting to see that from another believer. Just sharing what I have notice and not intended as an insult.

It is a quote from Rober Oppenheimer who was instrumental in the creation of the first atomic bombs:

"We knew the world would not be the same. A few people laughed, a few people cried, most people were silent. I remembered the line from the Hindu scripture, the Bhagavad-Gita; Vishnu is trying to persuade the Prince that he should do his duty and, to impress him, takes on his multi-armed form and says, "Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds." I suppose we all thought that, one way or another."

"Despite the vision and farseeing wisdom of our wartime heads of state, the physicists have felt the peculiarly intimate responsibility for suggesting, for supporting, and in the end, in large measure, for achieving the realization of atomic weapons. Nor can we forget that these weapons as they were in fact used dramatized so mercilessly the inhumanity and evil of modern war. In some sort of crude sense which no vulgarity, no humor, no overstatement can quite extinguish, the physicists have known sin; and this is a knowledge which they cannot lose."

It is partially a joke and partially for me a call to self-reflection. I do that a lot. If you are not LDS you may not know that Nehor was the first of a society called the Nehors who first practiced priestcraft (a terrible abuse of religious authority) amongst the Nephites.

Also, don't read my signature. :)