Seriously No Politics ×

Lost My Purpose

LOSTONE

I have lost my purpose in life. Lost any value to anyone. Not sure if I ever had either thing beyond being a tool or resource that now has expired. I march on everyday despite the emptiness and meaningless of my own life. Not because I have hope, but because I have a relationship with God.

When you have reached that level of despair, you may need to get help getting out of it. If you have a relationship with God, your life is not empty.

Remember with God all things are possible.

Are you able to talk to a counselor, therapist or doctor about how you feel?

If you have a relationship with God, then, by definition, you have faith.  If you have faith, you [can have] hope.  If you have faith and hope, in however modest a way (despite how limited your current circumstances may seem) you can glorify the life God has given you. I wish you well. :)

I think one of the great pursuits of each disciple of Christ is to achieve a point where all we desire is our relationship with God; our eye is single to his glory.  At that point we become perfect reflections of love to others.  Our relationships with our spouse, our family, our friends, and all we come in contact with are improved and sweetened. 

We do not hunger after the acceptance of others; their lack of love or a demonstration of love is irrelevant to us.  I don't think that many of us get to this level, but I believe it is possible to a large extent.  We experience periods of this singleness of heart, but we are often hungry for a full range of relationship in this life.  

A person who has a love of God is never without purpose... Sometimes in my aloneness (widowed, no children, no family close by) when I am feeling that aloneness and trying to understand my purpose, my only comfort is in God and my Savior.  I find courage and solace in the scriptures and trust in the Savior.

I sent you a PM...

Prayers... GG

I have lost my purpose in life. Lost any value to anyone. Not sure if I ever had either thing beyond being a tool or resource that now has expired. I march on everyday despite the emptiness and meaningless of my own life. Not because I have hope, but because I have a relationship with God.

I hate to bring in a celebrity...but feel it important to say that maybe someone like Robin Williams felt this.  Now that he's gone, it's a big hole for many.  You affect more people than you think.  You do have value, you have value to a stranger you say hello to, need I say more about having value to so many that may need you?   And you are one step ahead of me and have a relationship with God, how would it be. 

ETA:  Hate to bring in this article if it would hinder rather than help, but I believe it can help. 

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/08/11/robin-williams-depression_n_5670256.html

Interview with Diane Sawyer...he mentions God and the idea that everyone is more important, once you think of them, the thought of yourself is gone. 

http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/story?id=2515796

Again, I apologize if this derailed in any way, I just think your OP Lostone, sounds like depression. 

Edited by Tacenda