Seriously No Politics ×

Asking For Prayers

I've noticed,others requesting prayers before.  I'm hoping this isn't awkward! Some of you are aware that I have had some health issues in the past.  Last night I apparently had a huge seizure.  I became aware of this event when I became conscious about twenty minutes after it started, and my bedroom was full of medical people.  They think it was caused by low Potassium.  More tests in the next week.  My husband, children and I welcome any prayers you may care to keep us in.  Thanks so much.  Sarah

I've noticed,others requesting prayers before.  I'm hoping this isn't awkward! Some of you are aware that I have had some health issues in the past.  Last night I apparently had a huge seizure.  I became aware of this event when I became conscious about twenty minutes after it started, and my bedroom was full of medical people.  They think it was caused by low Potassium.  More tests in the next week.  My husband, children and I welcome any prayers you may care to keep us in.  Thanks so much.  Sarah

Indeed I will pray for you...it happened to me and I came to in any ambulance. God bless that it never happens again...and never feel awkward asking for prayers. We are family, all brothers and sisters in Christ.

I've noticed,others requesting prayers before. I'm hoping this isn't awkward! Some of you are aware that I have had some health issues in the past. Last night I apparently had a huge seizure. I became aware of this event when I became conscious about twenty minutes after it started, and my bedroom was full of medical people. They think it was caused by low Potassium. More tests in the next week. My husband, children and I welcome any prayers you may care to keep us in. Thanks so much. Sarah

That can be so dangerous. Make sure they are thorough in finding the cause. Edited by calmoriah

Will do!  How scary that must be!

Other than being sore in every possible muscle...even my jaw and feet... no other pain. The anxiety of it occurring again is another story....

I'm glad your pain isn't too bad and I hope your prognosis is good!

Whenever I hear "seizure" it makes me think about when my mom had one, she was in the late stages of Alzheimer's and couldn't feed herself or use the bathroom, and didn't seem to know us. Sadly, I wasn't there when it happened.  She apparently came back as she was before, very coherent, carrying on a conversation. My dad and sister thought it was a miracle. Remember the movie Awakening? It was something like that. But after a few short hours she was back to "her normal".  Anyway, hopefully you won't get any more of them.

Edited by Tacenda

Are you on any medications that might lower potassium?  I was years ago and luckily the doctor tested me and caught it, switching me to similar meds that don't cause the same problem.  It explained why I kept getting a charlie horse every time I pressed the clutch when my brother was teaching me to drive a stick.  :lol:  He thought I was just being a wuss. 

Edited by MorningStar

I am Morningstar.  Not anymore!!! I had been having muscle cramping quite a bit...

That is normal...When it happens all you muscles convulse and it hurts for a long time. God bless you, I know what you are feelings. I took a lot of hot baths and showers to help hurting muscles relax.

I'm glad your pain isn't too bad and I hope your prognosis is good!

Whenever I hear "seizure" it makes me think about when my mom got one, she was in the late stages of Alzheimer's, she couldn't feed herself or use the bathroom, she also seem didn't know us. Sadly I wasn't there when it happened because she apparently came back as she was before, very coherent, carrying on a conversation. My dad and sister thought it was a miracle. Remember the movie Awakening? It was something like that. But after a few short hours she was back to "her normal". Anyway, hopefully you won't get any more of them.

How nice your mom had that reprieve!  I assure you mine was not at all such a thing.  I hear I was quite combative, which I feel badly about.  

Other than being sore in every possible muscle...even my jaw and feet... no other pain. The anxiety of it occurring again is another story....

Hello W2K...

I get muscle cramping often... sometimes in the large muscles of the leg (front of thigh)... painful!  I'm thinking I'll get a potassium supplement and take an occasional tablet... I'll have to talk to my doc...

Isn't there an "anti-seizure" drug that is given to prevent seizures, i.e. for disorders such as epilepsy and others... perhaps a low dose could be prescribed...

Glad you're feeling better...

GG

The problem with some such drugs is they may be very sedating. Hopefully there are some new ones I haven't heard of. But if it is low potassium, I don't think they would go that route but treat that and hopefully it will clear up.

Potassium supplements may be quite low dosage and not do much so check with your doctor to see how much he suggests.

You had a seizure papa?  Did you lose your license to drive?  I'm very concerned about 1. Driving and 2. Not driving!!  My life is too busy!!!!

Yes I did and if you have more than one they will begin to look at lic renewal, if they cannot get it under control. I would not drive for six months to make sure it did not happen again. Mind you my wife was driving when it happened, but it was so bad I was afraid it might happen while driving. Two days after it happened a kid hit us head on and broke my back in three places. I have not physical work since that day. Doing some expert witness work foreman law firm...I just wish I could work, have purpose again. But the pain will get better soon.

I can not figure out the license issue at all.  I've been told so many different things.  Everything from 3 months to 2 years no driving.  It's driving me crazy!!!  

If you are under control on meds, will you have to lose your license?  What do they do for others with seizure disorders?

GG

I can not figure out the license issue at all.  I've been told so many different things.  Everything from 3 months to 2 years no driving.  It's driving me crazy!!!  

I feel for you...that's got to be tough.  I suffer from anxiety when driving the freeway, it just comes on.  It's usually certain areas on the freeway that it's at its worst, I can't control it and I almost freeze.  I feel I'm a threat to people, so now I know my limits and will get off the freeway and take the side roads a lot. 

FYI, I was watching the news where they said they are testing medical Cannabis.  I believe it's already available to use from Colorado I think, but Utah is going to be able to get some soon.  It's suppose to help with people that have seizures.  Not that this will be a reoccurring problem for you, I just thought I'd pass the news along in case you ever needed to know. 

Edited by Tacenda

Ill know more tomorrow.  My primary told me I could drive locally until I saw the neurologist.  I'm trying not to stress about it.  Good news is I'm off the potassium supplement.  All is well there.  Yay!   I read about the cannabis and offered to start growing some...j u st to be safe.... hubby says no to that!  But, if it came down to being a last resort, I'd have no problem trying it.  Some of the potential anti seizure meds look like they have some very bad side effects...  but Iwont need any of them because my problem is under control :)

That would be very frustrating.  A friend of mine had a seizure while driving and had her kids in the car.  Luckily she just ended up in someone's front lawn with no injuries to anyone and I was shocked that the paramedics let her drive away.