Seriously No Politics ×

And Now For Your Moment Of Zen

To be theologically correct Christians believe Resurrection is a type of reincarnation. ;)

NO.  Reincarnation is reliving the same kind of life or existence over and over again (a kind of hell in its own right).

Christians believe we have attributes that are greater than what we had in the pre-existence.  Namely, a mortal body inhabited by the spirit person.

After mortality the spirit person separates from the mortal body that returns to dust and "rests" for awhile in either Paradise or Prison (see Jesus' Parable of the Rich Man and the Begger Named Lazarus in Luke 16:19-31).  After going through necessary preparations, then comes the resurrection (Celestial first for the most righteous and/or valiant, then Terrestrial and Telestial).   :nea:

I don't believe in a reincarnation where one automatically must return to another body , be it human or animal or for all I know, plant. I do, however, think that some one from 1550 India MIGHT CHOOSE to try out another experience. And what of all the Children that die before the age of 8? Suppose they want a longer earth experience. The problem comes when salvation enters the picture , but for those who have never heard of Christ or the Gospel during their earth time( and that would be the majority of souls) , what would be the harm in a mulligan ? Yes, I know, there are all kinds of theological difficulties , and the Brethren have spoken against reincarnation. Still....

NO.  Reincarnation is reliving the same kind of life or existence over and over again (a kind of hell in its own right).

Christians believe we have attributes that are greater than what we had in the pre-existence.  Namely, a mortal body inhabited by the spirit person.

After mortality the spirit person separates from the mortal body that returns to dust and "rests" for awhile in either Paradise or Prison (see Jesus' Parable of the Rich Man and the Begger Named Lazarus in Luke 16:19-31).  After going through necessary preparations, then comes the resurrection (Celestial first for the most righteous and/or valiant, then Terrestrial and Telestial).   :nea:

Reincarnation is the belief that after this life you come back in another form based on what you did in this life. So technically speaking Resurrection is coming back in another form. From mortal to immortal based on what you did in this life.

Time is irrelevant to Resurrection. Christ took hours. In the Millennium it will be in a Twinkling of the Eye. 

• 2 weeks later...