Seriously No Politics ×

Sealed To My Son Today!

Today, we were sealed to our 3-month-old son, whose adoption was finalized earlier this week. What made this even more special, was that our 4-year-old daughter was able to be present, and participate in the sealing room, wearing a beautiful and radiant white dress of her own. An awesome experience for her, and she's old enough that this will be a great memory! Also was cause for awesome early Temple prep Family Home Evenings with our daughter. She asks such awesome questions. Just a happy day, and I wanted to share :D

So happy for you David...I was living in Germany in 1979, while waiting for the adoption of my oldest daughter, once finalized we went to the Swiss Temple and had her and my son sealed to us, so I know how you feel. I now have (in a few weeks) 4 girls and one boy form her who think their Pa Pa, hung to he moon. God bless you...the best is yet to come. :) Edited by Bill “Papa” Lee

That is so wonderful!

My parents were married in the temple when i was 10 and so i was able to be sealed to them at that time.  It truly is one of my best childhood memories.  When i was around 17 or so my sister, who was adopted, was sealed to our family and i was able to again spend time in the sealing room with my whole family-another wonderful memory.

I always felt a little bit special because growing up i was the only one of my member friends who had had such an experience.  I have no doubt your daughter will treasure the moment.  :)

That's some Awesome Sauce :D, right there!  Congratulations to you and yours.  I remember being sealed to my parents in the SLC Temple in 1980.  Blessings ...

Edited by Kenngo1969

Today, we were sealed to our 3-month-old son, whose adoption was finalized earlier this week. What made this even more special, was that our 4-year-old daughter was able to be present, and participate in the sealing room, wearing a beautiful and radiant white dress of her own. An awesome experience for her, and she's old enough that this will be a great memory! Also was cause for awesome early Temple prep Family Home Evenings with our daughter. She asks such awesome questions.  Just a happy day, and I wanted to share  :D

That is one of the most beautiful ordinances in the Church - to have a young child sealed to their parents.  I know it was a remarkable day for you and your family. 

I remember going to see my dad sealed to his parents in the temple.  Very cool experience, especially since my dad was inactive most of my life.  It was sweet.  I've heard that they make it super special for young children to be sealed to their parents.   

I'm so very pleased for you, DavidT... my sister and I were in our teens when we were sealed to our mom and convert step-father in the SLC temple... I can remember it so clearly to this day, 59 years later.  It is a great source of comfort to me to know my eternal family waits for me...

Congratulations and all good wishes...

GG

That is one of the most beautiful ordinances in the Church - to have a young child sealed to their parents. 

If children are born to parents who have already been married 

in the temple, why do they have to get sealed to them? Aren't they

already part of the covenant?

Gail

If children are born to parents who have already been married 

in the temple, why do they have to get sealed to them?

They don't. The Adoption Sealing is for those who adopt a child, or for those who are sealed in marriage following the birth of their children.

Edited by David T