Lds Church Begins New Anti-Beard Campaign

JAHS

SALT LAKE CITY — In a bold political move, the LDS Church began the new anti-beard campaign “Not Even Once” to distance itself from the unrighteousness that comes with facial hair.  Recent studies show that 53% of men with facial hair, especially beards, stop coming to church when the facial hair grows to a noticeable length. Those with beards are 67% less righteous than their clean-shaven counterparts, according to a recent study by BYU.

http://www.thebunyion.com/2014/04/28/lds-church-begins-new-not-even-once-anti-beard-campaign/

SALT LAKE CITY — In a bold political move, the LDS Church began the new anti-beard campaign “Not Even Once” to distance itself from the unrighteousness that comes with facial hair.  Recent studies show that 53% of men with facial hair, especially beards, stop coming to church when the facial hair grows to a noticeable length. Those with beards are 67% less righteous than their clean-shaven counterparts, according to a recent study by BYU.

http://www.thebunyion.com/2014/04/28/lds-church-begins-new-not-even-once-anti-beard-campaign/

That is so silly. Sounds like sudeo-nonsense.

My brother is exempt from this campaign because he has to maintain a full beard so he can be used as an extra in the Life of Christ videos.

beard.jpg

Why is everyone so certain that Jesus Christ had a beard?

A scripture in Isaiah suggests he had one; assuming the verse is about Jesus.

"I gave my back to those who strike, and my cheeks to those who pull out the beard; I hid not my face from disgrace and spitting. (Isa 50: 6)

Ditto. I recall reading something from Josephus years ago who described Jesus as tall, clean shaven and short hair. I wish I knew the source but it was so long ago but it always stuck with me.

This is urban myth.

Ditto. I recall reading something from Josephus years ago who described Jesus as tall, clean shaven and short hair. I wish I knew the source but it was so long ago but it always stuck with me.

Josephus was an extreme Romano-phile, a client of the imperial Flavian family, and part of the Emperor's court. He was more than a bit biased when trying to portray Jews as good Greco-Romans.