Seriously No Politics ×

Jewish Mormons And B'nai Shalom

halconero

An interesting article on members of the Church maintaining Jewish tradition and culture:

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/865600212/Jewish-Mormons-celebrate-two-cultures-eye-one-faith.html

The most interesting part for me was their addressing other members of the church as the "Children of Ephraim." Furthermore, they view their baptism into the Church as a non-conversion, and that the Church is just a continuation of Judaism.

An interesting article on members of the Church maintaining Jewish tradition and culture:

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/865600212/Jewish-Mormons-celebrate-two-cultures-eye-one-faith.html

The most interesting part for me was their addressing other members of the church as the "Children of Ephraim." Furthermore, they view their baptism into the Church as a non-conversion, and that the Church is just a continuation of Judaism.

A shout out to my buddy..."Paul Dannaman"...during this Passover. :)
  • 1 month later...

Thank you for this information. My wife and I are returning to the Hebrew Roots of the Gospel and are forming a monthly Hebrew Roots Fellowship open to all believers in the Bible and Book of Mormon (see sig)- maybe some day they will get a chapter here in Zion and we can cooperate together! Not only is the wall of separation falling between Judah and Ephraim, but it is also falling between "Brighamite" and "Josephite"!

HalleluYAH!

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you for this information. My wife and I are returning to the Hebrew Roots of the Gospel and are forming a monthly Hebrew Roots Fellowship open to all believers in the Bible and Book of Mormon (see sig)- maybe some day they will get a chapter here in Zion and we can cooperate together! Not only is the wall of separation falling between Judah and Ephraim, but it is also falling between "Brighamite" and "Josephite"!

HalleluYAH!

Interesting group. Restorationists and Utah Mo's getting along?!? What next? Dogs and cats procreating together?!?

Totally kidding! Don't suspend me mods!!

HalleluYAH!

Apparently, they are not ready for out-of-the-Mormon-Box dialogue. After joining their FB page, my post introducing myself (similar to the above) was deleted and I was kicked out the group without explanation. Guess not everyone is ready to build bridges yet...   :unknw: oh well.

Apparently, they are not ready for out-of-the-Mormon-Box dialogue. After joining their FB page, my post introducing myself (similar to the above) was deleted and I was kicked out the group without explanation. Guess not everyone is ready to build bridges yet...   :unknw: oh well.

If it is the one I'm thinking of, it is kind of an odd group, and ironically borderline anti-semitic.

Archived