Seriously No Politics ×

seed

That little picture that is attached to your profile.  When I read a post all that I know about the viewpoint of the poster is what they write and also the little picture.

Pls post what does your picture tell.  Don’t tell about someone else picture, only your own.  What do you think it tells someone about you?

I noticed some look friendly, scary, etc…

My avatar is a little bird, holding a painter's palette and brush, wearing a French beret... signifying my love of art and painting...

GG

I used to have a picture of mountain bluebells, but in one of the many board upgrades over the years it became inaccessible.  

So i picked the blue frog because, well, it's blue, it was easy to upload, and i like frogs.  :D

That little picture that is attached to your profile.  When I read a post all that I know about the viewpoint of the poster is what they write and also the little picture.

Pls post what does your picture tell.  Don’t tell about someone else picture, only your own.  What do you think it tells someone about you?

That I am at the sunset of my life.

Kirtland Temple Dedication... a reminder of that great day when the gifts of the Spirit were in full display and a hope that we someday will experience that again.

I like butterflies and I liked the vibrant colors against the black background

SH, your avatar looks like on of the props we used in our school play when we did, "Jesus Christ Superstar"...we used it as a backdrop for the song "I don't know how to love him". It was really cool with the black light.

Knowing the persons story a bit,  about the picture choice is fun.  I love all the ones shared so far.  I always try to think about viewpoint for any posting,  and usually am intrested in the combination of viewpoint and content.  Together they tell a story.   I have this stick guy with open hands hopefully to show  I try to understand the points of others and adjust harden my own opinion based on it.

I wish more will tell.  

Mine is a demon, a pit lord from a fantasy world whose goal is to destroy everything and convince people to drink his blood so he can control them. I figure it goes with "the Nehor" quite well. Nehor was a nickname I picked up in the MTC though it did not follow me into the field. The story of how I got the nickname is very boring and it was coined by an idiot who did not understand what I said.

I think I am due for a change. I was thinking of changing to one of the grandkids or maybe a pope. Or the cat. There is a cat that I love, even if I don't think she gets to go to heaven (see the recent thread). Maybe I should let people vote on which they would rather see? Heh. No don't vote. I'll decide. Heh. I resisted avatars for the longest time. I'm not sure I remember why.

Mine is currently a photograph taken of my son and I on the occasion of his "receiving the cassock" a few years ago. He is about half way through seven years of seminary before he receives priestly ordination in 2017, God willing. Incidentally, my wife and I will be gone at the end of next week to attend ceremonies wherein tonsure, porter and lector, exorcist and acolyte, and subdiaconate, will be received by various seminarians. Our son will be taking what is called "first minor orders", which is porter and lector.    

Edited by 3DOP

SH, your avatar looks like on of the props we used in our school play when we did, "Jesus Christ Superstar"...we used it as a backdrop for the song "I don't know how to love him". It was really cool with the black light.

Ah, thanks :) I really like the black makes color jump out at you more. To be honest, though, I was thinking of changing it. It's been the same for a long time, and now I'm thinking I should indulge the super nerdy side of me; either an avatar based off this video game I'm addicted to, or this book series I'm hooked on. Decisions, decisions...

Mine is a demon, a pit lord from a fantasy world whose goal is to destroy everything and convince people to drink his blood so he can control them. I figure it goes with "the Nehor" quite well. Nehor was a nickname I picked up in the MTC though it did not follow me into the field. The story of how I got the nickname is very boring and it was coined by an idiot who did not understand what I said.

You start by saying it's a boring story, but then I get hooked on wondering what could have possibly been misunderstood as "Nehor"

I need a new one too, but the ones I want are copyrighted or too detailed. Have to keep looking.

Where is a good place to go looking for ideas?

I want to use this one, I have it up in my bedroom...google "the responsible woman" by Christensen.

Or the other one I would love is j Kirk Richards' Three Cherubims and a Flaming Sword, iirc.

I should look at older paintings that are in public domain, I guess, but is the image itself still opyrighted?

Edited by calmoriah

My avatar is a reference to Henry David Thoreau, the great American writer, author of Walden and Civil Disobedience....the pic is of Henry David.

I have always been fascinated by literature, particularly American literature from the mid-19th century to the mid-20th century, and Thoreau's writing attracted me from an early age.

I have always revered Thoreau for his agitative nature and his unwillingness to accept things as they are. 

"Pls post what does your picture tell.  Don’t tell about someone else picture, only your own.  What do you think it tells someone about you?"

I can't remember why I chose it, it's one I drew, think it was something to do with another board, but my memory sucks. :crazy:

Tells people I'm quackers.

Edited by Somebodyz

"Pls post what does your picture tell.  Don’t tell about someone else picture, only your own.  What do you think it tells someone about you?"

I can't remember why I chose it, it's one I drew, think it was something to do with another board, but my memory sucks. :crazy:

So you drew yours? It looks really good actually.

Rofl. Do tell.

But talented....

GG

I changed my avatar, while trying to upload a photo of my dog!  But the file was too large, and therefore lost my cat avatar.  So I'm using this flower now...this is how I'd draw one, lol.  Oh, and I'm excited for spring!

Mine is pretty straighforward...  That's me, in cartoon form.  The picture was done by my wife, Roseann, and we specifically made it in Spongebob style to draw a subtle correlation that kids who like Spongebob would probably also like my kids' music. 

I also have a very large head, so while that picture is a little bit of an exaggeration, it works as a caricature.  :)

Edited by Grudunza