Seriously No Politics ×

Asberger. How Is It Perceived

seed

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Asperger_syndrome

How does God view this ?

How does the Church view this topic ?

How do the people with the condition view themself ?

All ppl have different abilities mental and physical.  Would Jesus be an Asperger ?  why or why not ?

I could not determin if this post would break some rules in the forum,  so feel free to delete if it does.

-- warm regards

Seed.

How does God view this ?

All ppl have different abilities mental and physical.  Would Jesus be an Asperger ?  why or why not ?

I could not determin if this post would break some rules in the forum,  so feel free to delete if it does.

-- warm regards

Seed.

1. That he will not judge a person for the things that they have no control over.

2. That God will not judge a person for the things that they have no control over.

3. That Asperger's is a constellation of Autism like symptoms of disabilities That very from individual to individual but are usually marked by extreme mental retardation, and extreme social inhibition. .

4. There is no indications that Jesus had Asperger's

Edited by thesometimesaint

They got rid of aspergers as a diagnosis. It is now just on the high-functioning side of the autism spectrum.

There was a weird infatuation with the diagnosis amongst kids who were socially slower to develop either through lack of ability or lack of socialization. Stranger still there were parents and adults shopping around trying to get diagnosed with it.

They got rid of aspergers as a diagnosis. It is now just on the high-functioning side of the autism spectrum.

There was a weird infatuation with the diagnosis amongst kids who were socially slower to develop either through lack of ability or lack of socialization. Stranger still there were parents and adults shopping around trying to get diagnosed with it.

I wouldn't say it has been gotten rid of.  More like placed in the autism spectrum. Which includes some few high functioning individuals but is usually marked by low functioning mental processes, and random splitter skills.

IE; SEE Autistic Savant. http://www.autism.com/understanding_savants

How does God view this ?

-- warm regards

Seed.

I have never heard of it. The only other word that I can think of that goes "asb" is asbestos. I don't like asbestos much.

Edited by 3DOP
  • 2 weeks later...

How does God view this ?

-- warm regards

Seed.

I've known several Aspies, and my son is one. You are not defective or sinful, your mind just works differently, and at times can be superior to others.

I've known several Aspies, and my son is one. You are not defective or sinful, your mind just works differently, and at times can be superior to others.

yes,  many of the past and current great advances in human ability and knowledge have came from person in the autism spectrum.  It is one of those things that I can only imagine looks different from the outside vs inside,  no one person can know because they only have the view from one side or the other.  God loves all of his children. 

My son just received an early honorable release from his mission after being diagnosed with Aspergers. It's not a surprise- socially clueless smart people are the norm on both sides of the family.

Haveing a family that can understand and support is a gift and blessing for a person in the autism spectrum.  He is lucky to have you.  

How does God view this ?

-- warm regards

Seed.

Ask him.

With love and kindness.

Ask someone who has it.

Just an FYI there is no longer Aspergers. It is now just Autism and based on the Autism Spectrum Disorder scale. I am the father of an autistic child.

How does God view this ?

I would guess the same as He does other mental issues.

With compassion and realizes all are not equal in their mental capacities.

I guess it would depend on their level of autism. My son is high functioning, and clearly knows he has autism which makes his thinking process different from others.

I agree to the first half. I do not believe Jesus had any condition similar to autism, but that is a guess on my part.

yes,  many of the past and current great advances in human ability and knowledge have came from person in the autism spectrum.  It is one of those things that I can only imagine looks different from the outside vs inside,  no one person can know because they only have the view from one side or the other.  God loves all of his children. 

There is a list of great people who have contributed much who were Aspies or now thought to be. I just see it as one of several parallel branches off of Homo Sapiens. My friend who teaches in Bali, at the International School and I have talked a lot about God driven human evolution, and we think that one of the steps that will happen soon, should we survive is Mental Telepathy. AND, it is already known that many humans have precognition, though science can only document perhaps 10 or so seconds.  All this depends upon one's world view.

Nehor,  could you talk/write more about this idea pls.   I believe there are many that have an opinion similar,  and it doesn't exactly fit for me.  I would like to be able to understand it enough to accept it,  but perhaps not agree. 

Nehor,  could you talk/write more about this idea pls.   I believe there are many that have an opinion similar,  and it doesn't exactly fit for me.  I would like to be able to understand it enough to accept it,  but perhaps not agree. 

There is no known cause of Asperger's. What is unusual is its rising frequency. Whether that is due to an actual increase in number of cases or just an artifact of diagnosis still is unknown. But they are looking.

• 4 weeks later...

I have some experience with people with Asperger's....they are incredibly smart, gifted, astute, and can work extremely well with others that have mental weaknesses.  Many hide their symptoms in childhood and early teenage years, particularly females.  Their main weakness is in interpreting other's feelings by facial cues or be very social because again harder for them to pck up on social norms or clues.  Often cannot remembrr people's facial characteristics until they are present.  As always, God has helped them by inproving memory and other cognitive skills sometimes even to the savant level.  Once you have gotten to know a person with these abilities, it is fairly easy with empathy and understanding of how their mind works to make a great friend....

I do not really believe Jesus had Aperger's due to his ability to approach friends and strangers alike and read their feelings and desires and needs so easily.  He had a clear idea how religion, politics and society worked and the inherent iniquities and wrongs perpetrated among the "least of" his brothers and sisters.  This would only be my opinion and has no biblical or scholarly reference...

I hope we will all be as kind and loving to those that struggle.

I have some experience with people with Asperger's....they are incredibly smart, gifted, astute, and can work extremely well with others that have mental weaknesses.  Many hide their symptoms in childhood and early teenage years, particularly females.  Their main weakness is in interpreting other's feelings by facial cues or be very social because again harder for them to pck up on social norms or clues.  Often cannot remembrr people's facial characteristics until they are present.  As always, God has helped them by inproving memory and other cognitive skills sometimes even to the savant level.  Once you have gotten to know a person with these abilities, it is fairly easy with empathy and understanding of how their mind works to make a great friend....

I do not really believe Jesus had Aperger's due to his ability to approach friends and strangers alike and read their feelings and desires and needs so easily.  He had a clear idea how religion, politics and society worked and the inherent iniquities and wrongs perpetrated among the "least of" his brothers and sisters.  This would only be my opinion and has no biblical or scholarly reference...

I hope we will all be as kind and loving to those that struggle.

WB,  this is a very charitable and also very close to my own ideas on this topic.  My daughter is with Autism && I myself would be aspi.  I wish others would share your views on this.   thank you.

welcome to this board.   my observation is that you will find a number of ppl that will bring the spirit of God with there writings.     just remember it is open to anyone to make an account,  so it is possible that someone with not good intentions makes an account and so on...

WB,  this is a very charitable and also very close to my own ideas on this topic.  My daughter is with Autism && I myself would be aspi.  I wish others would share your views on this.   thank you.

welcome to this board.   my observation is that you will find a number of ppl that will bring the spirit of God with there writings.     just remember it is open to anyone to make an account,  so it is possible that someone with not good intentions makes an account and so on...

I am glad that my comments struck a chord with you and gave good information.  You have struggles as we all do and you are blessed to have good people in your life.  My friend with Asperger's adopted a boy with severe autism.  She is able to handle him better than most as she does not take his behaviours "against" herself so to speak.

Thanks for your comments, I will try to be aware...

Gentle hug,

-WB