Seriously No Politics ×

New Here And Having Difficult

I think you have to make 25 posts before you can use certain functions.  Welcome!  :D

I think you have to make 25 posts before you can use certain functions.  Welcome!  :D

Which is, of course, what the "Three-word-story" thread is for ... ;)  (I join Morningstar in bidding you hail and welcome to this corner of Cyberspace: be reasonably-thick-skinned and don't take yourself or anyone else too seriously, and you'll do fine! :))

I just registered.  I get an error message saying I can't chat.  I got an email with a link to reply and again got an error message saying I can't.

help?

Welcome applepansy.  If they can be loving to me, they will certainly welcome you. To be clear, you have to post 25 answers to other's posts before they will let you out to play. :)

Welcome applepansy... I think you'll like it here... Do you feel comfortable sharing a little general info about yourself?  Like, the area you're from? ... LDS?... Approx age?  and whatever else you feel comfortable with...

As for me, I always say that I'm old as Methusela... widowed... no children... share my life with a 20-lb pushy cat named "Bob," who shares my cottage-by-the-sea on the beautiful central Oregon coast...

oh yes, I'm what they call "TBM"... True Blue Mormon... and fan of all BYU sports...

from the beach... GG

hey apple,

I don't think chat is very active. I've been here since 2004. I've never chatted.

Welcome.

3DOP

Which is, of course, what the "Three-word-story" thread is for ... ;)  (I join Morningstar in bidding you hail and welcome to this corner of Cyberspace: be reasonably-thick-skinned and don't take yourself or anyone else too seriously, and you'll do fine! :))

three word story thread?

Welcome applepansy... I think you'll like it here... Do you feel comfortable sharing a little general info about yourself?  Like, the area you're from? ... LDS?... Approx age?  and whatever else you feel comfortable with...

As for me, I always say that I'm old as Methusela... widowed... no children... share my life with a 20-lb pushy cat named "Bob," who shares my cottage-by-the-sea on the beautiful central Oregon coast...

oh yes, I'm what they call "TBM"... True Blue Mormon... and fan of all BYU sports...

from the beach... GG

sure... about myself:  I'm female, 56, married, Utah, four kids, one grandchild whom I'm coparenting with his Dad (my youngest son).  I usually say I'm older that dirt.  oh... animals.  There is a 3yo pit bull living here and three gold fish...and recently my older son's cat came to live with us until he can sell his condo and buy a house.  I love the Oregon Coast.  My extanded family (parents, sisters, brothers, and their families) vacation in Seaside every year.  We have been unable to go for a few years.  I'm a TBM, but not a fan of sports on TV... BYU or otherwise. :)

hey apple,

I don't think chat is very active. I've been here since 2004. I've never chatted.

Welcome.

3DOP

Now that makes me sad.  One of the things that helped me made the decision to register here was the chat room.  :(  I love chat.  I would love to chat with other lds members.  Maybe some will change their mind if I hang out in there enough?

sure... about myself:  I'm female, 56, married, Utah, four kids, one grandchild whom I'm coparenting with his Dad (my youngest son).  I usually say I'm older that dirt.  oh... animals.  There is a 3yo pit bull living here and three gold fish...and recently my older son's cat came to live with us until he can sell his condo and buy a house.  I love the Oregon Coast.  My extanded family (parents, sisters, brothers, and their families) vacation in Seaside every year.  We have been unable to go for a few years.  I'm a TBM, but not a fan of sports on TV... BYU or otherwise. :)

Thank you so much for  sharing... see, it gives us a better understanding of you...

I don't know why we don't "chat" more often... but you can see the social folder here is a more relaxed forum with no debate and just general topics...

The 3-word story is simply fun... look at the top of this forum subjects and you'll see it... been going on for years and thousand of responses... all three words at a time... the trick is to try to keep the "story" plausible and flowing.... it's come a long way since Farmer Brown and his cows on page 1... try it... you'll like it (if you don't mind a little wackiness now and then).

GG

Edited by Garden Girl

Thank you so much for  sharing... see, it gives us a better understanding of you...

I don't know why we don't "chat" more often... but you can see the social folder here is a more relaxed forum with no debate and just general topics...

The 3-word story is simply fun... look at the top of this forum subjects and you'll see it... been going on for years and thousand of responses... all three words at a time... the trick is to try to keep the "story" plausible and flowing.... it's come a long way since Farmer Brown and his cows on page 1... try it... you'll like it (if you don't mind a little wackiness now and then).

GG

I've been involved in forums and chats for years.  I don't mind sharing.  I just thought 25 posts is a lot before you can actively participate.  I usually don't post unless I have something to say.  The three word story thread just doesn't interest me. :(  I agree its fun for some but I'm not one of them.  So this is post number 10....since number 9 is on the dance thread.  :)

I've been involved in forums and chats for years.  I don't mind sharing.  I just thought 25 posts is a lot before you can actively participate.  I usually don't post unless I have something to say.  The three word story thread just doesn't interest me. :sad:  I agree its fun for some but I'm not one of them.  So this is post number 10....since number 9 is on the dance thread.   :)

Hello applepansy...

I think I recall the reason the number is set at 25 is because we were getting a lot of people who wanted to start critical threads and then leave and not respond to comments and questions from posters.... sort of "drive by"...  so by setting the number at 25 it shows that anyone willing to stick around until they have 25 posts is usually serious about participating in a meaningful way.  I think that was the purpose...

Cal... is that right?   Bluebell?  Deb? 

GG

It cuts down on spam and trolls. Makes it easier for the mods to control the ranters as since even the edit function doesn't work so they can't say something inappropriate and then alter it...they have to demonstrate they can control themselves. At least I am assuming that...I can't remember if they ever came out and said it but it is pretty self evident if you remember what it used to be like and now.

Now that makes me sad.  One of the things that helped me made the decision to register here was the chat room.   :sad:  I love chat.  I would love to chat with other lds members.  Maybe some will change their mind if I hang out in there enough?

Sorry apple. I hate to make you sad. I just haven't heard of it being used much. (I am not LDS, but there are a few LDS around. Heh. Mostly!) It seems possible that one who was motivated could rally to get the chat room going. I could be willing to be the "fly in the ointment" if things get rolling. Ask calmoriah about it. She's a good LDS girl who would know better than me about it.

People have tried in the past to get things going by making appts to meet in chat. I think it is set for a max of 5 right now because it is seldom used and it was just the easy way for mods to go when they changed the system awhile back.

Hello applepansy...

I think I recall the reason the number is set at 25 is because we were getting a lot of people who wanted to start critical threads and then leave and not respond to comments and questions from posters.... sort of "drive by"...  so by setting the number at 25 it shows that anyone willing to stick around until they have 25 posts is usually serious about participating in a meaningful way.  I think that was the purpose...

Cal... is that right?   Bluebell?  Deb? 

GG

Makes sense.  But, wouldn't there be an easier way to figure out if someone is serious about sticking around?

It cuts down on spam and trolls. Makes it easier for the mods to control the ranters as since even the edit function doesn't work so they can't say something inappropriate and then alter it...they have to demonstrate they can control themselves. At least I am assuming that...I can't remember if they ever came out and said it but it is pretty self evident if you remember what it used to be like and now.

Moderators can't edit?  That makes their job harder.  That's too bad.

Sorry apple. I hate to make you sad. I just haven't heard of it being used much. (I am not LDS, but there are a few LDS around. Heh. Mostly!) It seems possible that one who was motivated could rally to get the chat room going. I could be willing to be the "fly in the ointment" if things get rolling. Ask calmoriah about it. She's a good LDS girl who would know better than me about it.

Thank you for your thoughts.  Maybe on the days I have time I'll go hang out in chat and see what happens. :D

People have tried in the past to get things going by making appts to meet in chat. I think it is set for a max of 5 right now because it is seldom used and it was just the easy way for mods to go when they changed the system awhile back.

Thank you.  I love love love chatting so maybe I'll hang out and see if anyone comes in with me.  After I get to 25 of course.