Seriously No Politics ×

Anybody Notice A Drop Off In Interesting Articles

Stone holm

Is it me or has there been a drop off in interesting posts, and the ones that draw attention and interest frequently don't last long?

Agreed- but mostly because the topic of the moment seems to change.  When I started posting here in earnest most threads were focused on women and the priesthood/women praying at conference/equality etc.  Right now the focus is on science vs. religion.  We just have to wait for the run of threads that interest us.

Is it me or has there been a drop off in interesting posts, and the ones that draw attention and interest frequently don't last long?

We just have to wait for the run of threads that interest us.

You two could start threads you feel would be of interest...

GG

You two could start threads you feel would be of interest...

GG

Oh, absolutely.  But the "mind" of the board seems to cycle through specific trends - political, sociological, doctrinal, historical, scientific.  And I have observed when we post on a topic not along the lines of the current trend the post tends to disappear rather quickly.

Right now there are lots of threads on scientific subjects.  A few months back all the threads were sociological in nature.

I think we just have wait for the trend that interests us to come around again and then quickly post a bunch of topics to capture the theme of the moment... :ph34r: ... hey look, it's doctrine's turn again...quick, let's flood the board with our posts...before it turns back to sociological...

The ones where people feel the most passionate, make for a short run when personality conflicts enter into the debate.

Or politics gets them locked

Or politics gets them locked

This the type the type to which I was referring...not be mention such threads are pre-banned anyway. When they are allowed posters who find themselves in the minority and seek to violate the rules in order to have them shut down. I had noticed that people feel more passionate about politics than religion.

This the type the type to which I was referring...not be mention such threads are pre-banned anyway. When they are allowed posters who find themselves in the minority and seek to violate the rules in order to have them shut down. I had noticed that people feel more passionate about politics than religion.

Perhaps that is why politicization of religion was so popular, because it infused religion with passion.

Perhaps that is why politicization of religion was so popular, because it infused religion with passion.

To,what org do you speak of? I know it served well, in the Black Church during the Civil Rights movement...none better than in my home town and city, where the great MLK, Jr is from. We were both born within a hole of each other. One thing he did note about those days in the South and across America...

"11:00 on Sunday is the most segregated hour of the week", sadly here in the South not much is changed. It was not until I was 21, and became a member of the LDS Church that I was able to attend any Church with someone of another race.

To,what org do you speak of? I know it served well, in the Black Church during the Civil Rights movement...none better than in my home town and city, where the great MLK, Jr is from. We were both born within a hole of each other. One thing he did note about those days in the South and across America...

"11:00 on Sunday is the most segregated hour of the week", sadly here in the South not much is changed. It was not until I was 21, and became a member of the LDS Church that I was able to attend any Church with someone of another race.

America swings back and forth as to religious politicization. In MLK's day it was the left, but the left lost interest in politics after Vietnam , and the Right has used it very effectively for several decades, I suspect the pendulum is due for a swing back. Just my opinion though.

America swings back and forth as to religious politicization. In MLK's day it was the left, but the left lost interest in politics after Vietnam , and the Right has used it very effectively for several decades, I suspect the pendulum is due for a swing back. Just my opinion though.

Treating people with dignity Martin Luther King, taught and marched for is not left are right...I grew up in it, and it was not the right throwing rocks, the Republicans were the first here trying to be Black persons the vote. Sadly the media has done much to keep the truth from being told. Nuff said about this..

Treating people with dignity Martin Luther King, taught and marched for is not left are right...I grew up in it, and it was not the right throwing rocks, the Republicans were the first here trying to be Black persons the vote. Sadly the media has done much to keep the truth from being told. Nuff said about this..

I assume "here" is somewhere in the former Confederacy, and that you grew up in the period when the Solid South referenced the solidly Democratic South rather than the solidly Republican South we have today.  Right?

SEE Southern Strategy

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Southern_strategy

Atlanta Georgia, the promised land.

Yeah, news break , that part of the Democratic Party seceded during the Reagan administration. And MLK got shot going to help out a Union. So yeah the left and right were kind of marbleized back then when the GOP actually had a liberal wing led by Nelson Rockefeller, and Strom Thurmond was a Democrat back then.

Yeah, news break , that part of the Democratic Party seceded during the Reagan administration. And MLK got shot going to help out a Union. So yeah the left and right were kind of marbleized back then when the GOP actually had a liberal wing led by Nelson Rockefeller, and Strom Thurmond was a Democrat back then.

Ah! I remember the days when the Democrats worshiped the ground Jim Jones walked on.  It was a worker's paradise wasn't it? You know, with Tip O'Neill and Carter in the backdrop falling over each other to see who could be the king of bread and circuses.

Edited by BCSpace