Seriously No Politics ×

Apologies

I just want to send out an apology to members of this forum by coming across as overly aggressive in my approach in response to some of my messages.

Usually I am far more tolerant and easy going to listen to what people have to say. Even if I dont agree. And I am actually hereto learn and discuss in a friendly manner. As I am always someone who wants to grow in the truth.

Reason for my snappiness is 2 fold its been a long and stress 12 months and I am looking forward to my 3 month holiday in the U.S to unwind.

And scond reason is I have been partial offended by some of the replies that appear to have some smug superiority over so one whl is not apart of the LDS. Which in return has made me mirror that.

I do apologise and hopefully I can back down a d be a little more open and understanding.

Cheers mate. I apologize for any contention that I have been a part of. It's a fine line between discussion, friendly debate, and contention. The former allows us to discover truth and shed untruth, the latter just puts up barriers and anger. 

Well I enjoy your posts. I know sometimes folks can be defensive. Out of curiosity where in the U.S. Will you be visiting?

Well I enjoy your posts. I know sometimes folks can be defensive. Out of curiosity where in the U.S. Will you be visiting?

Start in California ( Los Angeles and Anaheim) Las Vegas, Utah, Albuquerque, Arizona. Colorado.Texas. Oklahoma. Arkansas. Missouri, Mississippi. Kentucky. Tennessee. Alabama. Florida.Georgia. north and South carolina. Virginia maryland. Nee jersey. Pennsylvania. New york and Massachusetts. Uts a big trip

Start in California ( Los Angeles and Anaheim) Las Vegas, Utah, Albuquerque, Arizona. Colorado.Texas. Oklahoma. Arkansas. Missouri, Mississippi. Kentucky. Tennessee. Alabama. Florida.Georgia. north and South carolina. Virginia maryland. Nee jersey. Pennsylvania. New york and Massachusetts. Uts a big trip

I find this so interesting, PtolemyG... and wonderful... of course when you're in Utah I hope you'll visit Temple Square, but also some of the most beautiful national parks (Zion and Bryce). 

Will you be driving an RV, pulling a trailer, etc?  If you visit in the summer months, be prepared for hot/humid weather all throughout most of the states you mention.  My sister lives in Missouri and I can't visit her after May because the humid weather would just kill me after living in No Cal and Pac Northwest for almost 40 years.  I haven't had air conditioning during all that time, except in my car, which was rarely needed.  Have you traveled previously in the U.S.?   We have such diverse beauty... each state is special in its own way... even our bleak desert areas of the southwest have a special beauty and facinating nature. 

Travel safe... from the beautiful central Oregon coast... GG 

No we will be using Greyhound, Amtrax, and in flights to get us around.

Yes I plan to visit the temple in Utah.

We actually leave next week. I understand its winter into spring. How are those months?

Booked a few hotels a d other places we will be staying with friends we met a d have have becom feiends with on facebook.

No I hace never been before but my girlfriend has.

Im hoping its baseball season as I want to catch a Texas Rangers game. And also lay some flowerw at the graves of Bonnie and Clyde.

Edited by PtolemyGlenn

We actually leave next week. I understand its winter into spring. How are those months?

Booked a few hotels a d other places we will be staying with friends we met a d have have becom feiends with on facebook.

Im hoping its baseball season as I want to catch a Texas Rangers game. And also lay some flowerw at the graves of Bonnie and Clyde.

My Gospel Doctrine teacher's great Aunt was Bonnie Parker... why the flowers on the grave for you?

Winter across the midwest to the east coast is verrry cold right now.  My sis in Missouri says it will be in the single digits tonight, again... it won't be as pretty in various areas because trees will be barren of leaves, etc.  But perhaps toward the end of your three months you'll see spring blooming...For instance where I live now I'm sitting at my computer looking out a big window at many trees next door that the limbs/branches are stark against the gray winter sky (except for the pines interspersed)... in another couple months it will be solid green with beautiful green trees... the pines are always green.

You can rent cars at various locations during your visit that will give you more access on your own schedule.  So you've not been here before... well, I'm anxious for you to see all the wonderful sights. 

When my husband and I took a 3-week (too short) trip to the British Isles we flew from San Fran to London... it was our first visit across the pond... I couldn't get over that one afternoon I was at home in San Fran, the next afternoon I was walking in the Haymarket in London... we spent three days in London, then rented a car and headed out... that was an adventure, i.e., driving on the "wrong side"... groveling along at 70 mph in the "slow" lane while other cars impatiently flew past us on the open highways.  Oh, and the roundabouts were a thrill... sometimes we'd have to go around several times while I tried to r ead the signs as to where to get off... Ha!...  We did lots of sightseeing in England, Wales, Scotland, and also took the ferry over to Ireland for a couple days, and finally ended back in London for a couple days before heading home... what a wonderful trip for us. 

That's the way I want this trip to be for you...

GG 

I just want to send out an apology to members of this forum by coming across as overly aggressive in my approach in response to some of my messages.

Usually I am far more tolerant and easy going to listen to what people have to say. Even if I dont agree. And I am actually hereto learn and discuss in a friendly manner. As I am always someone who wants to grow in the truth.

Reason for my snappiness is 2 fold its been a long and stress 12 months and I am looking forward to my 3 month holiday in the U.S to unwind.

And scond reason is I have been partial offended by some of the replies that appear to have some smug superiority over so one whl is not apart of the LDS. Which in return has made me mirror that.

I do apologise and hopefully I can back down a d be a little more open and understanding.

No problem.

Visiting the Temple itself is a bit problematic for nonmembers. But Temple Square is fabulous, and well worth the visit for members and nonmembers alike.

Visiting the Temple itself is a bit problematic for nonmembers. But Temple Square is fabulous, and well worth the visit for members and nonmembers alike.

And perhaps you'll be there to catch one of the Tabernacle Choir's programs... and you can take a tour of the Tabernacle... and there's a terrific visitor center... they used to show a 40-minute movie in the theatre in the Joseph Smith Bldg, and I think they still do...

GG

Edited by Garden Girl

And perhaps you'll be there to catch one of the Tabernacle Choir's programs... and you can take a tour of the Tabernacle... and there's a terrific visitor center... they used to show a 40-minute movie in the theatre in the Joseph Smith Bldg, and I think they still do...

GG

I'm also keen to check out a chocolate shop called Hatch's chocolates its owned by a huaband and wife who both suffer from dwarfism.

Lol. By commenting you have excessive himility that transforms it into boastful pride

Or he is just demonstrating his extreme integrity because he refuses to lie even if it makes him look better.

Being so humble is a great burden to The Nehor, but he carries it with dignity.

Sounds like you're going to need a vacation after your vacation!  Hope you enjoy your travels. :)

Hi, I'm sarcasm. Have we met before?

Has your sarcasm created a sarchasm?  (I coined that term after seeing the former word with the latter misspelling: it's defined as, "An interpersonal gulf created between two individuals by one's use of sarcasm."  Yes, it's brilliant, I know! :D)

I'm also keen to check out a chocolate shop called Hatch's chocolates its owned by a huaband and wife who both suffer from dwarfism.

Good news: The chocolates are delicious!  Bad news: they're kinda small, so it's difficult to get your money's worth. :rofl: (Sorry; :huh: couldn't resist!) 

Sounds like you're going to need a vacation after your vacation!  Hope you enjoy your travels. :)

Thank you. 2 days to go and I am stressing out. Still alot to do before we go and I am so worried it wont be done in time.

Thank you. 2 days to go and I am stressing out. Still alot to do before we go and I am so worried it wont be done in time.

Look at it this way: is there anything, other than perhaps a passport, that you wouldn't survive without if you happened to forget it? :)  I wish you well.

Look at it this way: is there anything, other than perhaps a passport, that you wouldn't survive without if you happened to forget it? :)  I wish you well.

Passport. Oh I forgot to get a new one....lol just kidding

True. But we are getting our house ready for the house and cat sitter. So want the plqce clean and tidy as opposed ro the sty it usually is.

Passport. Oh I forgot to get a new one....lol just kidding

True. But we are getting our house ready for the house and cat sitter. So want the plqce clean and tidy as opposed ro the sty it usually is.

Every time I wanted to go away for several days+, I always had to have someone come in and stay with the cat...  What kind of a cat do you have? 

I've now got a beautiful white with black irregular patches named Bob who is stricly indoor... previously I had an indoor/outdoor cat, named Charlie.  I prefer indoor because it is truly safer here where I live in what is essentially forest with houses and a small town every few miles.  Lincoln City is probably about 8,000 pop., and where I live is about 3,000 if that... We have bears, racoons, wildcats, coyotes... and always in the post office someone posts a warning because their cat is missing.  

GG