Seriously No Politics ×

I Love Missionaries

Last week 3 elder companionships were kind enough to spend a day with me renovating a house for a less fortunate family from my parish. Without my influence they didn't even offer to share the LDS message. When I asked 9 one of the elders why he said that sometimes the service is more important than the message and that a family in need such as this didn't need exploitation to the Gospel. Another elder said he spoke with the mother and said that the family's devotion to their faith and the life of the parish was living the Gospel and knowing it too and that the family didn't need conversion. I can't say I was overjoyed with the elders comments but I was humbled deeply. Grace and love are evident in these young men and I'm grateful to God for their sensitivity.

So today I am making them a huge dinner with leftovers to last them a week.

• 2 weeks later...

Meant to respond to this, but forgot. 

I loved doing service in the mission field. :) It was a great way to feel connect with people, and with Christ. There were times where I felt prompted to try and share the message while serving, other times I felt impressed not to. I found a good neutral ground was to arrange dinner or something with the family at a later date and be open about the possibility of sharing the message.

Meant to respond to this, but forgot. 

I loved doing service in the mission field. :) It was a great way to feel connect with people, and with Christ. There were times where I felt prompted to try and share the message while serving, other times I felt impressed not to. I found a good neutral ground was to arrange dinner or something with the family at a later date and be open about the possibility of sharing the message.

Good and wise call. This is where discernment is really important.