Seriously No Politics ×

What Is "pure Knowledge?"

Been reading D&C 121 and it says that power and influence should only be maintained with a number of attributes including "Pure knowledge" What is pure knowledge? How does it differ from regular knowledge?

Pure knowledge is the undiluted knowledge of God, without the slightest admixture of adulterating error. It is also the true knowledge of God disseminated to others by someone in possession of a untainted heart, true humility and godly emotions

Edited by teddyaware

In a word, it is Gnosticism!

Having one vague similarity does not make it equivalent. 

As for the OP....I'd assume pure knowledge, would be similar to a perfect knowledge of all things. Understanding and knowing, God, the Universe, and us clearly without the common trapping of a fallen world (like false teaching, errant philosophies, etc).

With luv,

BD

Edited by BlueDreams

What Is "pure Knowledge"?

Parley P. Pratt, A Voice of Warning, Preface to 2nd European ed. (1837),
“ . . . Truth, unsullied and unmixed, as it unfolded in majesty of light and splendor from the opening heavens in all simplicity in nature.”

D&C 93:24-36,
24 . . . truth is knowledge of things as they are, and as they were, and as they are to come;
26 The Spirit of truth is of God. I am the Spirit of truth, and John bore record of me, saying: He received a fulness of truth, yea, even of all truth;
27 And no man receiveth a fulness unless he keepeth his commandments.
28 He that keepeth his commandments receiveth truth and light, until he is glorified in truth and knoweth all things.
29 Man was also in the beginning with God. Intelligence, or the light of truth, was not created or made, neither indeed can be.
30 All truth is independent in that sphere in which God has placed it, to act for itself, as all intelligence also; . . .

36 The glory of God is intelligence, or, in other words, light and truth.

“Light and truth” (Lux et Veritas = Urim & Thummim) – the Yale University crest

Edited by Robert F. Smith

In a word, it is Gnosticism!

Is this being silly or are you serious?  Could you please explain yourself? In my understanding there is no comparison between the two. The Spirit of Truth is open to all without reservation.  If you ask, you will be answered. 

Been reading D&C 121 and it says that power and influence should only be maintained with a number of attributes including "Pure knowledge" What is pure knowledge? How does it differ from regular knowledge?

Pure knowledge is whatever God says clearly - in other words, truth without interpretation.  Other knowledge is man's reasoning, conclusions, interpretations etc.  Basically we take the pure out of knowledge on a regular basis.