Seriously No Politics ×

Guess What Year The 2Nd Coming Will Be

Do you think you will be alive when the 2nd coming happens? If so, how far away do you think it will be? I hope it happens in my lifetime. A lot of signs are coming true already.

Why would you hope it happens soon? dont you believe that it will mostly be bad stuff? death destruction and fire?

according to Jesus no one knows

This is true, and makes an excellent argument that Father and Son are not the same God, except as being one. Otherwise how could the same "God" keep the information from there self? It does not matter when he comes, the living and all those who die in Christ will see it, as a believers, all Prophets who have passed on will be with him when he comes,

Do you think you will be alive when the 2nd coming happens? If so, how far away do you think it will be? I hope it happens in my lifetime. A lot of signs are coming true already.

I hope not...at least if prior to it is mostly correctly portrayed where economic systems collapse and we go back to basics (I don't mind basic, that might even be kind of fun except for those who prey rather than cooperate and the massive amount of death that it would lead to)....unless they cure my disorder, then I would be willing to give it a try but at this point without my meds life becomes an uncontrollable hell.  I wouldn't be able to help at all and would be a huge mess to deal with (after so many days of no sleep I become rather psychotic).

It is rather annoying as it makes it impossible to try to find any way of looking forward to the second coming itself...unless it is looking forward from the heaven side of things.

It won't be bad stuff for the righteous.

Define bad stuff.  Some people could point to the hardships of the Mormon migration and say it wasn't bad stuff since most of them survived and lived decent lives and it wasn't a life of horror even if hard, even if there were many dying due to illness.  I think the righteous will be protected to a certain extent, but unless God provides manna and a lot of other miracles (which may happen, who knows), I don't see how some suffering isn't going to be transmitted from the unrepentant simply because they are likely to be still part of the same greater economic system.  

I think one could look forward even to the suffering knowing what the other side after the tribulations is going to be like and if we have to go through with all of that, why not sooner than later?  (I can see that reasoning even if I don't follow it myself these days, I want it delayed long enough for cures for those who have lifethreatening disorders who depend on medication they won't be able to get and it would be even nicer if technology has developed enough so what is currently mass produced can be done on small scale so that necessities will still be able to be found even if the greater society fragments into tribal groups and war breaks out...it would be nice if any wars were at a level so there was no collateral damage as well, but I doubt that will ever happen, just because terrorism will likely always be seen as being effective in attempts to dominate others.)