Seriously No Politics ×

Daylight Savings - How Did You Spend Your Extra Hour?

changed

Last night I was up pretty late putting together a music arrangement for an old (80yo) friend of the family.  (He had composed some songs that he was all excited about, but was having trouble getting the music all typed up / getting it recorded etc. etc.) Anyways, it was a pleasant surprise when someone reminded me it was daylight savings day, nice that I wasn't getting to sleep as late as I had at first thought.  The short days of winter are frustrating, I'm not sure of the best schedule to deal with that (better to be light in the morning? or in the evening?)

Anyways, here's what I did with my "extra" hour:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NJ54l05gLs0&feature=youtu.be

I hope it's ok to use picts from the Bible video site? 

So what did all of you do with your extra hour?  or did you not get one last night?

Edited by changed

Enjoying the extra hour of not struggling to breath and no pain. Spent 20 Oct to 25 Oct in the hospital with acute pancreatitis. This was brought on by hydrochlorothiazide (high blood pressure & edema med.note: was only on this med for less than 2 months). My PCP put me on Cardura 2mg (take 1/2 pill a day). Three days of: Shortness of breath, chest pains, tightness of chest (actually it felt like my shoulder blades were being pulled together with a wire wrapped behind my spinal cord), my legs swelling from my toes to my buttocks! When the shortness of breath went to could not breathe after taking 10 steps, husband called the paramedics. Sitting my oxygen saturation was 96 - get up and walk 20 steps and it dropped to 82. Went to the hospital. 

After blood work (no infections, no heart attack, no stroke), Xray of the chest (lungs clear), CT Scan of lungs (they are clear). The conclusion is the new med. is the cause and to discontinue. That was on Friday. Went to the hospital at 4:35 PM came home at 12:15 AM Saturday morning. I was afraid to lay down to sleep, so Husband joined me on our sofa. I really did not want to sleep in the living room by myself. After I was sleeping for a bit, he transferred over to his recliner. All day Saturday I only got up to use the bathroom, and to talk husband through cooking meals for us. Nuking the leftovers, and what I like mixed in with my salad, and I walked around the outside of the house - just one lap, the clear autumn crispy air felt good and smelled wonderful - ended up a wee bit winded, but not at all like before.

I knew I wouldn't be able to get to church this morning - next Sunday is soon enough. Because husband has been awake listening to me and watching me sleep - he has had less sleep than me, so I un-set his alarm clock and called his counselor to take over Sunday School today. 

I made it down our 30' hallway to the bathroom. Got dressed and brushed and was only a little winded. No tightness, no pain, no light headed-ness. One hour may not seem like much time, yet when you can breathe in deep breaths and feel the satisfaction of the oxygen getting in and doing what it is supposed to do - it is near to a lifetime. 

Now to work on the edema - Never have I had swelling in my legs. Around my ankles and across the top of my foot yes, but only when I eat microwave popcorn - thus I don't eat it anymore. This swelling clear up to my buttocks - Eeeww - I do not like it. 

Enjoying the extra hour of not struggling to breath and no pain. Spent 20 Oct to 25 Oct in the hospital with acute pancreatitis. This was brought on by hydrochlorothiazide (high blood pressure & edema med.note: was only on this med for less than 2 months). My PCP put me on Cardura 2mg (take 1/2 pill a day). Three days of: Shortness of breath, chest pains, tightness of chest (actually it felt like my shoulder blades were being pulled together with a wire wrapped behind my spinal cord), my legs swelling from my toes to my buttocks! When the shortness of breath went to could not breathe after taking 10 steps, husband called the paramedics. Sitting my oxygen saturation was 96 - get up and walk 20 steps and it dropped to 82. Went to the hospital. 

Gosh Iggy... I'm so sorry to hear of your difficulties... I'm on hydrochlorothiazide and have never had any side effects... You must be allergic somehow... I'm glad you're better...

As for an extra hour... Bobbie-cat's inner clock told him it was 6:00 A.M. so he came in to get me up, which he does by walking back and forth across me (all 20 lbs of him), and butting me with his head.  I opened one eye and looked at the clock... of course it was 5:00 A.M.  So I got up and went out and sat in my big chair and napped that hour, until almost 8:00 A.M.  Then up and getting  ready for Church...

GG

Went to my old my old Ward because we don't have. When a call came calling today. Got a phone call wile reroute, got a call from Bishopric and was give a calling Sunday...so now will go when I am needed. Six hours in Church yesterday!

Edited by Bill “Papa” Lee

I finally got caught up on my sleep from the hour they stole last spring.