Seriously No Politics ×

In The Celestial Kingdom Can I Wear. . .

ERayR

I think you can wear whatever makes you happy.  Happiness is key there.  I've never liked the idea of robes either.  Too much like wearing a nightgown all day which just seems too frumpy.   I mean .... you can't run, hike, or ride a bike in a nightgown!  Although ..... I could eat all the donuts I want and it'll never show ..... but then, you probably can't get fat there (!!!).  And barefoot??  Nope.  I need my running shoes.

Edited by Brenda

I rather think a certain level of modesty will be the norm. ;)  As for me, I think I'll defer worrying/wondering about what I might wear until I actually get there (which, in some respects, will be a wide bridge to cross!) :)

Ahh but my question is we were previously innocent before the great fall..will we become as such again?

I wonder if innocence and the possession of knowledge aren't mutually exclusive.  My instincts would tell me that yes, they are. As I understand the Plan of Salvation, we don't pass through yet another veil before entering the Celestial Kingdom, and that tells me that, yes, we take the knowledge we gain here (as well as that which is gained during immortality before receiving our final inheritance) with us.  I think Joseph Smith's visions are instructive.  For example, he described what Moroni was wearing in reasonable detail.  While the link which follows doesn't address the "innocence-versus-acquisition-of-knowledge" dichotomy directly, it does do so indirectly: http://www.mormonbeliefs.org/mormon_beliefs/open-scripture/mormon-scriptures-the-pearl-of-great-price/what-the-pearl-of-great-price-says-about-the-fall-of-adam.  My $0.02, actual value $0.01507500375000.  

Edited by Kenngo1969

Only if I get to wear my 'Liberal Mormon Bikini.'

Oooh!  That sounds quite ... fetching! :huh::unsure:

;)

Just wondering. in the Celestial Kingdom can I wear my Levi Jeans and my boots and drive my pickup truck?

Well, I'm in luck since I love wearing white linen...so comfortable.  But I actually don't believe we will only wear white forever.  I believe that it is more correct for representing the garment of light, purity, truth, etc and it appropriate for temple settings.  But I don't think it is the only color in heavenly clothing.

Kenngo , why is your 2 cents now worth 15 cents? Inflation? Maybe it's just taking after your waistline( ref. the wide bridge )

Zero inserted following the decimal.  Thanks for the heads up.  (I always did suck at math! ;):D)

I think Joseph Smith's visions are instructive.  For example, he described what Moroni was wearing in reasonable detail.  

My memory is that he just reports a robe and not necessarily anything underneath that...anyone know specifics..

Personally I am thinking that heaven being what it is, we will be able to wear what we want but will likely vary it according to environment just as we do here.  Perhaps we will have recreational times where we assume more 'mortal' characteristics and go riding in pickups or on horses (which I would love to do since I've never been able to really manage it in the here and now and probably won't ever now since the last time I got on a horse, my medications amost made me fall off).

Prof, I love linen as well...I am going to get myself a linen cover for my comforter for Christmas. 

Cotton, silk, and so on would be made of dead plants, so that would be out. 

Unless plants went through their entire cycle without actually dying (roots survive or like fruit trees).  If only part of the plant is used, wouldn't that be like making something out of someone's cut off hair?  Perhaps 'death' at the cellular level isn't death or perhaps death is only death for something that is self-aware and can understand the meaning of life and the lack of it.

My memory is that he just reports a robe and not necessarily anything underneath that...anyone know specifics..

A robe of unearthly whiteness, revealing a bare chest, naked arms and legs, a little above the wrists and ankles.  Other than that, I don't think there were more specifics described.  Perhaps it's the product of those heavenly silkworms created spiritually first...  :angel: