Seriously No Politics ×

Lds Growth On The Navajo/hopi Reservation

Okrahomer

My wife and I took a road trip recently and drove through Shiprock and Gallup NM.  We found it to be a starkly beautiful landscape.  We were also thrilled to see a couple of new and fairly "gleaming" LDS chapels along the way.  We also noticed several of these at scattered nearby homes.  I love what this good Stake President is doing.

I had no idea when we were driving through the area what was going on there.  It seems likely that a good many of those new and nicely-tended garden plots we saw were the result of this Stake President's effort.  Such a simple thing:

"Now ye may suppose that this is foolishness in me; but behold I say unto you, that by small and simple things are great things brought to pass; and small means in many instances doth confound the wise."  Alma 37:6

• 2 weeks later...

Read the Book of Mormon! The Nephites and Lamanites mixed throughout the years. The BofM is the book of Joseph.

So, because the BofM tells of an Israelite presence somewhere in the western hemisphere, you therefore know that modern Navajo/Hopi are Israelite descendants? Wow!

So, because the BofM tells of an Israelite presence somewhere in the western hemisphere, you therefore know that modern Navajo/Hopi are Israelite descendants? Wow!

Brian Stubbs did some interesting work language similarities between Uto Aztecan, Hebrew, and Egyptian it's an interesting read and it's on FAIR 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

If you knew anything about genetic drift and migration studies with native America populations you would know that a small group of Isralites (let alone and not including others from other migrations that the Book of Mormon even mentions) landing in the America's as the BOM states, that their DNA would actually in fact be in nearly every single native of the America's today.

So yes, they are in fact Israelite descendents.  Other DNA being the dominant detectable DNA does not make other DNA non-existent.

This little fact is the biggest flaw in anti-mormon claims against the BOM and the Church, one entirely ignored by said anti-mormons because it entirely debunks their claims.

Archived