Seriously No Politics ×

Significance Of Numbers In The Scriptures

I don't think I'm hijacking this thread with this article. The girl refused to run in a state qualifying race because her assigned number was 666.

Yes, I read this article. I think this is an example of why understanding these numbers are so important so as to avoid these false sectarian notions. The number of the beast is 666, but the passage in Revelation 13:15 actually says it is the number of a man. The number of god is 777. So 666, in my opinion, represents the appearance of godliness but lacking the power thereof. It is a symbolic Hebrew expression of this doctrine of deception. The number in our modern language means nothing. We no longer mark ourselves on our forehead as they did during the time this book was written. People would tattoo an image of their god above their eyebrow for everyone to see. The jews, of course, would wear their religious jewelry hat would also leave a mark on their forehead.

I recall a story of a man who was fired from his job because he refused to come to work on the day that the factory had been accident free for 666 days.

'so why are you in hell?' 'oh, i didn't realize that a hat I wore for 20 minutes when I was 6 years old had a tag on the inside with the number 666 on it'. Bummer.